Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 100 - 11th July 2009

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭bret69

Odats wrote: »
    +1 Superwoody see you out there. Flying out Sunday morning. A dose of Xtreme Couture and 4 seminars at the expo before 100 for me so. After party is in LAX at the Luxor where I'm staying btw.

I'm just registering now for a table reservation at the LAX. Wanderlai is hosting apparently!

Does anyone know what mobile number I need to put in? Like if I'm using an Irish phone in America and they're calling from America, what number is that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭dave80

bret69 wrote: »
    I'm just registering now for a table reservation at the LAX. Wanderlai is hosting apparently!

Does anyone know what mobile number I need to put in? Like if I'm using an Irish phone in America and they're calling from America, what number is that?

+3538******** as in +3538612"4567

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

Devastator wrote: »
    yeah! They've been saying for about a week - week and half that they expect decision to be made tomorrow. UK UFC president said on Friday that they had 2 firm offers that they could have signed there and then, but they expected more offers over weekend.
    ??
    I was refering to the UFC countdown show.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭bret69

dave80 wrote: »
    +3538******** as in +353861234567

Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,024 ✭✭✭JokerD

So guys what you think of the rumours suggesting if Bisping wins he'll fight Silva in Manchester in November? I'd most likely head over to this event and having a title match on would be a bonus.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49 johnroake

they reckon virgin 1 will get it cos they had tuf, and then after ufc 100 there are a few channels fighting for the rights. they shoud give it to virgin 1, they done a great job with tuf, i read somewhere that the ufc were very happy with viewers of it aswell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

What time does it start at our time?

Really looking forward to this now

Predictions:

Lesnar Vs Mir
    GSP Vs Alves
    Henderson Vs Bisping
    I actually do not know enough about the fighters in the other 2 main card fights to comment.

I am hoping we get to see Coleman Vs Bonnar and/or Dolloway Vs Lawlor

• Registered Users Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

It's on from 3am-6am Saturday night/Sunday morning our time

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Fozzy wrote: »
    I won't spoil anything, but by the sounds of it there's a great scene with Brock in the Countdown show that airs next week

Just heard what you are referring too. Genius. Hate to be Mir with going on in Brocks head.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭mirwillbeback

Just quick thing - if the UFC Fight Club are doing any events and those lucky enough to be travelling need a pass to it, drop me pm and you can use mine..

• Advertisement

This seriously rules:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 Gary Don

Setanta showing UFC 100 in Ireland

http://www.setanta.com/ie/TV-Listings/

Gary Don wrote: »
    Setanta showing UFC 100 in Ireland

http://www.setanta.com/ie/TV-Listings/

The Ireland only thing would point to it showing on Channel 5 in the UK :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,997 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

rovert wrote: »
    The Ireland only thing would point to it showing on Channel 5 in the UK :confused:

Well Setanta Ireland showed the last season of TUF the week after Virgin1, so maybe (doubtful though) the people at Setanta Ireland convinced the UFC that they are actually profitable and are in no danger of going under as they are one of the channels provided with UPC for no extra charge.

Even if it was just the monthly numbered PPVs they show I'd be happy.

Would not be happy if Channel 5 get it though as I've no way of watching it.

Well Setanta Ireland showed the last season of TUF the week after Virgin1, so maybe (doubtful though) the people at Setanta Ireland convinced the UFC that they are actually profitable and are in no danger of going under as they are one of the channels provided with UPC for no extra charge.

Even if it was just the monthly numbered PPVs they show I'd be happy.

Would not be happy if Channel 5 get it though as I've no way of watching it.

Just noticed this is the wrong thread to discuss it in detail. But just one last thing and I maybe reading too much into this but UFC said that fans in both UK and Ireland will see it live. Was this a hint at two separate deals? Channel 5 has limited coverage in the Irish market so UFC would probably need to do a deal with another station which does if they do sign with Channel 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Evil_Clown

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

I am really looking forward to Mir v Lesnar. The build up to it on the countdown show made me lol a few times. I wonder if Steve Mazagatti will be in charge lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭Killme00

Brock Lesnar vs. Frank Mir mir split decision
    Georges St-Pierre vs. Thiago Alves gsp decision
    Jon Fitch vs. Paulo Thiago tough to call, Thiago by RNC
    Dan Henderson vs. Michael Bisping Hendo by KO, right hand baby
    Yoshihiro Akiyama vs. Alan Belcher Sexyama KO

Mark Coleman vs. Stephan Bonnar Bonner KO
    Mac Danzig vs. Jim Miller Miller sub
    Jon Jones vs. Jake O'Brien Jones KO
    Dong Hyun Kim vs. TJ Grant Kim decision
    C.B. Dollaway vs. Tom Lawlor Dollaway TKO
    Matt Grice vs. Shannon Gugerty Gugerty sub

Have a sexyama night everyone!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭roakey

Brock Lesnar vs. Frank Mir brock lesnar tko 2nd rnd
    Georges St-Pierre vs. Thiago Alves alves tko, not sure when though
    Jon Fitch vs. Paulo Thiago fitch decision
    Dan Henderson vs. Michael Bisping bisping 2nd rnd
    Yoshihiro Akiyama vs. Alan Belcher akiyama ko

Mark Coleman vs. Stephan coleman tko 1st rnd

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

Mossy Monk wrote: »
    I am really looking forward to Mir v Lesnar. The build up to it on the countdown show made me lol a few times. I wonder if Steve Mazagatti will be in charge lol.

Herb Dean is in charge for that fight.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭dunkamania

Dunno if everyone has heard yet, but there is a chance, a very small chance, that we might get to see a Buffer 360 on Saturday for the main event. :D

“I know that octagon the way a basketball player can turn around and do a 12-foot jumpshot,” Buffer said. “I know every position of that octagon because I’ve basically been in that octagon for 14 years. That’s my office. … So when I walk in the cage, I feed off the energy of the crowd. I feed off the energy of the fighters who are in there. My job is to take those fighters to the next level, if not the highest level. And it’s also my job to take those fans in attendance and watching on TV to the next level beyond the excitement that’s already created by (UFC broadcasters) Joe (Rogan) and Goldie (Mike Goldberg).

“What you see is just how I feel. If I pull a 360 … it’s about whether it’s right to do it at that moment. I will never disgrace the sacred ground of the octagon. I will only do what I feel is right to enhance that moment at hand.”

So, will the time be right at such a major event, one that could break UFC pay-per-view records and will garner the organization the most media attention of its 16-year run?

“I can’t say yes or no,” Buffer said. “I can just say it will or will not happen.”

But if does happen, only one specific time makes sense.

“If it does happen, it won’t happen during the prelims or at the beginning of the pay-per-view (broadcast),” Buffer said. “It’s only going to happen during the main event.”

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭FrostyJack

Please do it and have the camera actually on him istead of the fighters for a change

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5N0GAN0_I7c

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭mirwillbeback

Frank Mir v Brock Lesnar Mir by sub, rd 1, probably leg lock
    Georges St-Pierre vs. Thiago Alves GSP by tko, rd 3
    Jon Fitch vs. Paulo Thiago Fitch, tko rd 2
    Dan Henderson vs. Michael Bisping Hendo, probably points
    Yoshihiro Akiyama vs. Alan Belcher Akiyama KO

Mark Coleman vs. Stephan Bonnar Coleman gnp
    Mac Danzig vs. Jim Miller Miller sub
    Jon Jones vs. Jake O'Brien O Brien pts
    Dong Hyun Kim vs. TJ Grant Kim decision
    C.B. Dollaway vs. Tom Lawlor Dollaway sub
    Matt Grice vs. Shannon Gugerty Gugerty sub

• Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

Frank Mir v Brock Lesnar Mir by sub, rd 1, some kind of choke
    Georges St-Pierre vs. Thiago Alves GSP by tko, rd 3
    Jon Fitch vs. Paulo Thiago Fitch, tko rd 1
    Dan Henderson vs. Michael Bisping Hendo ko 2

Mark Coleman vs. Stephan Bonnar Bonnar KO 1
    Mac Danzig vs. Jim Miller Danzig TKO 1

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭Sean Quagmire

I'm really looking forward to the buffer 360 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

cowzerp wrote: »
    Frank Mir v Brock Lesnar Mir by sub, rd 1, some kind of choke
    How do you choke that which has no neck :confused:

Frank Mir v Brock Lesnar Lesnar GnP rd 2
    Georges St-Pierre vs. Thiago Alves Alves TKO rd2
    Jon Fitch vs. Paulo Thiago Fitch GnP 1
    Dan Henderson vs. Michael Bisping Hendo Decision

Mark Coleman vs. Stephan Bonnar Coleman GnP 2
    Mac Danzig vs. Jim Miller Danzig TKO 1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

you can watch prelim's for free if you order before 10pm et time friday on www.UFCLIVE.com

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭smoochie06

Frank Mir v Brock Lesnar Lesner GnP
    Georges St-Pierre vs. Thiago Alves St Pierre TKO
    Jon Fitch vs. Paulo Thiago Fitch Decision
    Dan Henderson vs. Michael Bisping Bisping Decision
    Yoshihiro Akiyama vs. Alan Belcher Belcher Sub

Mark Coleman vs. Stephan Bonnar Bonnar KO
    Mac Danzig vs. Jim Miller Miller TKO

I will probably have all 7 wrong knowing me. Cant wait for this one. 9 hrs of ufc. Bring it on!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Hmm. I've been watching back some of Akiyama's fights. I'm as big a fan of the guy as anyone, but I'm not that confident for him this weekend

I can see a bit of a change in him since the Misaki fight. I never paid any attention to the talk of that before, but watching it all together makes it more apparent

I heard it said that there was a reason that DREAM wouldn't allow him to fight for eight months after the Misaki fight, and that even at that he was being rushed back because they badly needed ratings. I've also heard it said that it was a big deal in Japan, the fans over there know that that fight took something out of him, yet it hasn't seemed to be spoken of in the US

I'd love to see him win, but I wouldn't find it surprising if he fell short

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭roakey

this is everyway possible to watch ufc 100 at the moment.

http://sports.eircom.net/setanta/ live and free on the eircom site if you have eircom broad band, just click live and wait a few moments

http://uk.ufc.com/index.cfm live and free on the uk ufc site

sky channel 433 it is the racing channel or something

sky channel 418= setanta ireland at 3am

as far asim aware that is everywhere you can watch it. but i think it covers everyone.

just a small note i just checked the channel 433 and it isnt put onto the sky guide yet.

Advertisement