Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 100 - 11th July 2009

Options
1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 yiorgos

That's great news...Looks like we re going to have a loooooong night!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Does anybody know if you need to be a Setanta subscriber in order to view in Ireland (got a baaaaad feeling!!) You just know Ch. 433 won't be made available to Irish viewers!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,610 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Frank Mir v Brock Lesnar Lesnar
    Georges St-Pierre vs. Thiago Alves GSP
    Jon Fitch vs. Paulo Thiago Fitch
    Dan Henderson vs. Michael Bisping Bisping
    Yoshihiro Akiyama vs. Alan Belcher Sexyama
    Mark Coleman vs. Stephan Bonnar Bonnar
    Mac Danzig vs. Jim Miller Miller
    Jon Jones vs. Jake O'Brien Jones
    Dong Hyun Kim vs. TJ Grant Kim
    C.B. Dollaway vs. Tom Lawlor Dolloway
    Matt Grice vs. Shannon Gugerty Gugerty

• Registered Users Posts: 14,610 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Does anybody know if you need to be a Setanta subscriber in order to view in Ireland (got a baaaaad feeling!!) You just know Ch. 433 won't be made available to Irish viewers!

Ya you have to be a subscriber to Setanta

callaway92 wrote: »

Dag nam it!!! How well the UK get it for free. Disgraceful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,820 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Haha Mir choke Lesnar :D don't think so! But I do gotta tenner on with friend that Mir will make him tap like a whiney bitch. The countdown show was excellent, must see/download for anyone who hasn't seen it yet!!

Buffer's gonna fall over if he tries that 360 in the octagon!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Insanodude

Dag nam it!!! How well the UK get it for free. Disgraceful.

It says that uk or irish fans can watch it on channel 433 for free on the ufc website though doesnt it? If i find out that i cant get it after all this waiting ... i will be one angry bunny :|

There seems to be 2 seperate press releases on UFC.com - one for the UK with Ch. 433 listed & another for Eire & N. Ireland Listing Setanta Ireland as the supplier.

I'll be raging if i don't get to see this!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭All_in_Flynn

callaway92 wrote: »

Setanta Ireland is free in Ireland with basic cable...... in dublin anyway!

Is the problem here that if u just have sky digital and no basic cable and dont subscribe to setanta that you will not be able to view the show on channel 433?

In relation to the fights, can anyone offer me a rational explanation as to why Dan Henderson is favourite to beat Bisping? Should I just be happy that im getting a good price in the bookies???????

Setanta Ireland is free in Ireland with basic cable...... in dublin anyway!

Is the problem here that if u just have sky digital and no basic cable and dont subscribe to setanta that you will not be able to view the show on channel 433?

In relation to the fights, can anyone offer me a rational explanation as to why Dan Henderson is favourite to beat Bisping? Should I just be happy that im getting a good price in the bookies???????

Sorry, I wasn't too clear in my post!

Ya, I'm on Sky, no basic cable!

I hope Bisping wails the eyes of Hendo btw!:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Dan Henderson has been in the cage/ring with many of the world's best fighters and he has won most of the time. Bisping's most well regarded opponent will be Henderson, he just hasn't faced that level of fighter in his career yet

Bisping's (and pretty much every UK fighter's) weakness is regarded as wrestling, and Henderson has competed in the Olympics in that sport. That is a major advantage as the wrestler can control where the fight takes place. If Bisping is outstriking Dan, he can take it to the ground instead and maybe benefit there

I'd like to see Bisping win to be honest. For one, I'd love a big UK show with a title fight headlining, the atmosphere for Bisping vs Anderson would be great. The only way that I can see him winning though is if he does outperform Dan on the feet and if Dan is too stubborn to take it to the ground. It's Henderson's fight to lose I think

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭shenanigans1982

Fozzy wrote: »
    Dan Henderson has been in the cage/ring with many of the world's best fighters and he has won most of the time. Bisping's most well regarded opponent will be Henderson, he just hasn't faced that level of fighter in his career yet

Bisping's (and pretty much every UK fighter's) weakness is regarded as wrestling, and Henderson has competed in the Olympics in that sport. That is a major advantage as the wrestler can control where the fight takes place. If Bisping is outstriking Dan, he can take it to the ground instead and maybe benefit there

I'd like to see Bisping win to be honest. For one, I'd love a big UK show with a title fight headlining, the atmosphere for Bisping vs Anderson would be great. The only way that I can see him winning though is if he does outperform Dan on the feet and if Dan is too stubborn to take it to the ground. It's Henderson's fight to lose I think

Agreed....last time Bisping fought an accomplished wrestler in Matt Hamill he was handed to fight by some of the worst judging decisions ever. If Bisping's opponents do anything other than stand with him he is screwed. As Fozzy said Hendo has been in there with the best in the world and I don't think he has been knocked out. Bisping doesn't strike me as the guy to be the first to do it.Henderson might like to prove that he can stand as well as wrestle but I think with the title shot being up for grabs here he will play it smart and take Bisping to the ground and pick him apart.

Just a shame that no matter who wins they have to fight the Spider and I don't see either man beating him even with his recent slump in form...however Hendo has the best chance.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

http://www.f4wonline.com/content/view/9889/
    FIRST RECORD SET BY UFC 100
    The first record set by UFC 100 is that the Countdown show on Tuesday night was the most-watched Countdown show in history with 1.11 million viewers.

Prediction: this show is going to be big

Henderson did win that first round against Anderson, don't forget. Of course, it all counted for nothing in the second round, but I still think that Dan has the ability to beat Anderson, moreso than any other UFC middleweight

I just watched the Countdown show, it was a really great build to the main event. Can't wait for this one

I just watched the Countdown show, it was a really great build to the main event. Can't wait for this one

Fozzy you should listen to Dave Meltzer's appearence on Bill Simmons today

rovert wrote: »
    http://www.f4wonline.com/content/view/9889/

Prediction: this show is going to be big

Wow, that's big. The Countdown to 92 did a bit over 700,000 and got around a one million buyrate. I think that the UFC might finally beat boxing for the biggest PPV of the year here

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Mickk

If this does happen, there is a way to trick your sky box into thinking it's in the UK. Just take out your viewing card and unplug your skybox for a minute. Plug it back in without any viewing card in it and you will get the UK channel list (101 will be BBC1 instead of RTE1).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭All_in_Flynn

I think its very easy to say that hendo should be favouite based on past opponents and his world class wrestling. He has looked sluggish to me in his last few fights.

From what iv read and seen on Bisping, he seems to have worked on his scrambling and wrestling. He is clearly not of the same calibre and class as Dan but I can see him being able to nullify this aspect of Dan's game. On the feet its a no contest. Just stay away from that sledge hammer of Dan's.

Im also aware tho that Bisping has stuggled with wrestling opponents in the past but I think ha has vastly improved major aspects of his game. Maybe im being silly but I just can't see anything other than a Bisping unanimous decision.

But in fairness you have answered my question as to why Dan can be considered favouite in peoples eyes.

Ye Shennanigans it really is unlucky that they are in the same division as pound for pound number1. I will disagree with you tho that he has had a dip in form. I think his last opponent was like a scared budgie in there and just sran away but thats for another thread!

On another note, I really have to start contibuting and supporting this forum more!

rovert wrote: »
    Fozzy you should listen to Dave Meltzer's appearence on Bill Simmons today

I think I've listened to all the MMA talk on it, nice listen. Very true about the old pro wrestling build up. Also on that note, I see that Dave wrote about how MMA was originally a pro wrestling term in his news update today :pac:

I'm very torn on who to bet on for this event. I think that Belcher and one of the three main event underdogs could be good, but I'm still very unsure about the fights. I know who I want to win, but I don't trust any of them :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭shenanigans1982

I'm very torn on who to bet on for this event. I think that Belcher and one of the three main event underdogs could be good, but I'm still very unsure about the fights. I know who I want to win, but I don't trust any of them :pac:

Am a bit torn myself....just going to stick a tenner on an accumulator and go for ten winners.:D Aint too sure about Belcher, any fight I have seen him in he has not impressed me, especially his match over here with Kang....but I don't know much about his opponent. I would have rather the Bonnar/Coleman fight instead of this on the main card.

For the top three fights the only one I can see going either way is Brock/Mir and I will probably end up going with Brock.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭roakey

Mickk wrote: »
    If this does happen, there is a way to trick your sky box into thinking it's in the UK. Just take out your viewing card and unplug your skybox for a minute. Plug it back in without any viewing card in it and you will get the UK channel list (101 will be BBC1 instead of RTE1).
    would this work?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭roakey

Am a bit torn myself....just going to stick a tenner on an accumulator and go for ten winners.:D Aint too sure about Belcher, any fight I have seen him in he has not impressed me, especially his match over here with Kang....but I don't know much about his opponent. I would have rather the Bonnar/Coleman fight instead of this on the main card.

For the top three fights the only one I can see going either way is Brock/Mir and I will probably end up going with Brock.

ill take alves, bisping and coleman, bout 33/1. but all have a fighters chance

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭davmol

I did an accumulator in pad powers dublin to win half time and full time with
    jon jones,stephan bonner,john fitch,brock and bisping all to win and i get back 805 euros on a 50 quid bet....unfortunately the bet has to come in first!!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Trust me.Go with sexiyama

Trust me.Go with sexiyama

But first read my post at the end of page 8 :pac:

I put some money on a Belcher and Bisping double, and some more on a five fight accumulator

Now to see if these weigh-ins are airing anywhere...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭mirwillbeback

Oh lads,

I am major pumped for this, especially the main event.

Just watched UFC 81 again, wow :eek: - not sure people realise how good a fight it was.

Speed of Brock's first takedown

His strength and aggression

Mir going for arm bar

Beautiful leg lock.

Two guys, the best there is representing their styles, I can't wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,820 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

UFC 100 Weigh-In Video!!!!!!!!!

http://wwworigin.ufc.com/index.cfm?fa=videoPlayer.home&gid=21117

Weigh in starts about half way through vid!

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭Beanmachine

In vegas now just about to go to the Mandalay try to meet a few fighters.Went to an autograph session with Tito Ortiz there changed my opinion of him,Really was a nice lad was talking to him for ages and seemed chilled out and down to earth he liked the fact i'm staying in huntington aswell, Got offered a ticket for 500 dollars was seriously tempted but just can't afford it seeing as i have to travel back to LA and stay there for another month!! Atmosphere is electric here Staying in the MGM its so packed.Cannot wait for it now!!!

In vegas now just about to go to the Mandalay try to meet a few fighters.Went to an autograph session with Tito Ortiz there changed my opinion of him,Really was a nice lad was talking to him for ages and seemed chilled out and down to earth he liked the fact i'm staying in huntington aswell

Thats pretty cool considering UFC banned him from the offical Expo thing.

• Advertisement
Advertisement