Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strictly Come Dancing 2009

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭flutegirl

Who are you looking forward to seeing dance tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

It's not a macho thing to say but I'm glad it's back. :cool:

Where is everyone? Loving it so far!!;)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Has one of the judges smuggled a duck in with them? What's that noise when they all laugh? :eek:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

It's not a macho thing to say but I'm glad it's back. :cool:

Two words for you, Ola Jordan :P

• Advertisement

Ok, loved Brain and Ali, think they will do really well, all the fellas did well for a first dance but Joe was fairly bad, hope he improves if he's not booted off.

Alesha needs to be a bit more constructive if she's to make any impression as a judge, but excellent start, looking forward to tomorrow! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭mags16

Alesha is out of her depth. Did I hear her say to someone that he gave it his (w)hole? I roared laughing.

I miss Arlene.

mags16 wrote: »
    Alesha is out of her depth. Did I hear her say to someone that he gave it his (w)hole? I roared laughing.

I miss Arlene.

LOL, yeah it was to Joe, she defo got mixed up.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

Alesha needs to man up, can't believe the BBC reporter got those votes, he had a sex face on the whole time!
    Rav deserved much much more......;)

Ginny wrote: »
    Alesha needs to man up, can't believe the BBC reporter got those votes, he had a sex face on the whole time!Rav deserved much much more......;)

:eek: Have you seen it before? :P

Seriously though, he was the best fella, Ali and Brian are looking good. The guy from Corre looked as though he could be one to watch from what I saw in the group dance.Roll on tonight!

• Advertisement

Martina and Matt gone :eek::(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭BlackMamba

Gutted that Martina and Matt were voted out!!:(
    Raging that Joe was saved!!!:mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,485 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

I really hate how shows have Televoting!

There were some really crap dancers tonight, especially Joe Calzaghe and that Oxo woman, but neither was in the dance off, but Martina, as the only non British person in the show is gone!

I thought she was pretty good and would have liked to have seen how she would have developed but now we're just going to have crap!

It should be a dance contest and not a popularity show!

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Martina would have been great in time. Shame to see her go.

I'm pleased Aliona and whatshisname survived though because she is HOT.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 neurodegenerate

So disappointed martina got kicked out! I thought she would have gone on to be one of the best. I didn't like Rav as much - but maybe he'll grow on me! That guy - was it Ricky from Eastenders at the end was so funny I was in hysterics!!! What was he doing with his mouth he looked like a nervous dancing fish!? oh dear.... I hope he does that in every Latin dance!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

I'm a huge Strictly fan - very disappointed with Alesha Dixon. I think she's really going to feel the heat if she attempts to say anything negative towards Brendan Cole and his partner, Jo Wood.

To me it's the same as a winner of Celebrity Master Chef "judging" Delia Smith/Gordan Ramsay's cooking.

This could be the first series where a contestant reduces a judge to tears.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

Martina hadnt a chance of staying considering is not a Brit - they vote for the most popular not the best dancer

Aleesha is out of her depth on the judging panel - bring back Arlene - she'd be drooling by now over Rav :D

deelite wrote: »
    I'm a huge Strictly fan - very disappointed with Alesha Dixon. I think she's really going to feel the heat if she attempts to say anything negative towards Brendan Cole and his partner, Jo Wood.

To me it's the same as a winner of Celebrity Master Chef "judging" Delia Smith/Gordan Ramsay's cooking.

This could be the first series where a contestant reduces a judge to tears.

I think she's damned if she does and damned if she doesn't. If she plays it safe with general comments she'll be criticised for not giving an opinion and if she tries to get too critical people will say she doesn't know what she's talking about.

She needs to get stuck in and not worry about what people are thinking, she needs to fight and establish her right on the judging panel.

flutegirl wrote: »
    I think she's damned if she does and damned if she doesn't. If she plays it safe with general comments she'll be criticised for not giving an opinion and if she tries to get too critical people will say she doesn't know what she's talking about.

She needs to get stuck in and not worry about what people are thinking, she needs to fight and establish her right on the judging panel.

I totally agree with you she's damned either way - heaven's above help us when Darcy comes into play.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Kournikova

JP Liz wrote: »

Aleesha is out of her depth on the judging panel - bring back Arlene - she'd be drooling by now over Rav :D
    Yes and would have deffo saved him and the women would have 2 judges against them, Len and Arlene.

I was so mad Martina went :(:(

• Advertisement

Richard and Lilia gone, shame as Lilia is one of my fav prof dancers. :(

I can see Jo Wood and the guy from Eastenders going far in this competition.

I can see Jo Wood and the guy from Eastenders going far in this competition.

Hopefully they'll both end up in the dance-off eventually. ;)

flutegirl wrote: »
    Hopefully they'll both end up in the dance-off eventually. ;)

The only reason I said Jo Wood is that I feel the female population will keep her in as she was "wronged" by her husband..:D

And that chap from Eastenders - reminds me of my other half - can't dance but will get up there and give it a go....:eek:

I think it will be much more of an entertainment show if they keep the brutal dancers in - I gave up watching last year when John Sergeant left (I also stopped watching Dancing on Ice when Todd Carty left)

Sadly I don't think I'll be able to watch anymore - my two daughters came home from school yesterday saying "we're the only two children out of the whole school who aren't watching X Factor".....

The only reason I said Jo Wood is that I feel the female population will keep her in as she was "wronged" by her husband..:D

And that chap from Eastenders - reminds me of my other half - can't dance but will get up there and give it a go....:eek:

I think it will be much more of an entertainment show if they keep the brutal dancers in - I gave up watching last year when John Sergeant left (I also stopped watching Dancing on Ice when Todd Carty left)

Sadly I don't think I'll be able to watch anymore - my two daughters came home from school yesterday saying "we're the only two children out of the whole school who aren't watching X Factor".....

:eek: I was asking at work what everyone thought of SCD and was met with "watching X factor", so I'm on my own.

Rav and Aliona gone.

Got to see SCD tonight the girls got bored 2 mintues into X Factor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

Strictly Come Dancing is at the centre of a race row after it was claimed actress Laila Rouass was called a "Paki" by her professional partner.

Anton Du Beke used the insult a fortnight ago after the former Footballers' Wives star had a spray tan, the News of the World has claimed.

He has now admitted the term was used "in jest", but denied he was a racist and apologised for "any offence".

Du Beke said: "I must say immediately and categorically that I am not a racist and that I do not use racist language.

"During the course of rehearsals Laila and I have exchanged a great deal of banter entirely in jest, and two weeks ago there was an occasion when this term was used between the two of us.

"There was no racist intent whatsoever but I accept that it is a term which causes offence and I regret my use of it, which was done without thought or consideration of how others would react. I apologise unreservedly for any offence my actions might have caused."

Rouass, who has an Indian mother and Moroccan father, has since accepted Du Beke's apology.

She said: "It was a situation which happened that we have moved on from and I accept his apology. I'm really enjoying the show and dancing with Anton and hope we can go as far as possible in the competition."

A spokesman for the BBC said: "The BBC does not condone offensive language in the workplace."

Details of the incident, which saw Rouass walk away from the situation, were revealed as Crimewatch presenter Rav Wilding became the third celebrity to be voted off the show.

some publicity for show which is tanking in the ratings its getting hammered by X Factor

JP Liz wrote: »
    some publicity for show which is tanking in the ratings its getting hammered by X Factor

Anton Du Beke is the golden boy of strictly, this is not good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

Does anyone else get annoyed with Alesha's bad grammar? I'm no grammar or spelling nazi but she seriously needs to stop saying 'you was pointing your toe..., you was looking great....' arrrrrgh! :mad: She's supposed to be professional.

Advertisement