Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strictly Come Dancing 2009

Options

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

yup the use of "woz" is bloody headwreacking!

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭babystrawberry

Hi
    I would occassionally watch SCD. I heard this mornign though that Anton Du Bekeis in trouble over some racial comment he made last saturday??
    Anybody shed any light on what remark was actaully said?? :confused: I didnt see it but i am quite nosey to hear what he said?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

Hi
    I would occassionally watch SCD. I heard this mornign though that Anton Du Bekeis in trouble over some racial comment he made last saturday??
    Anybody shed any light on what remark was actaully said?? :confused: I didnt see it but i am quite nosey to hear what he said?

Strictly Come Dancing's Anton Du Beke is in a whole world of trouble after it was revealed he called his dance partner Laila Rouass a P***. The professional dancer, who also hosts Hole In The Wall on the BBC, made the comment after Laila revealed she'd had a spray-tan done, telling her, "Oh my God, you look like a P***!" Laila, whose mum is Indian and dad Moroccan, has said she forgives Anton for his slur and still wants to dance with him – but this hasn't stopped furious viewers demanding he gets the sack. Nick Lowles, who works for anti-racism groups Hope Not Hate and Searchlight, said of the incident, "An apology isn't enough. He should be sacked." Anton himself has quickly issued an apology, saying, "Laila and me have strong personalities and she gives as good as she gets. I must say immediately and categorically that I am not a racist and that I do not use racist language. There was no racist intent. I apologise unreservedly for any offence my actions might have caused."

Taken from Heatworld.com

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭norbert64

Cathooo wrote: »
    Strictly Come Dancing's Anton Du Beke is in a whole world of trouble after it was revealed he called his dance partner Laila Rouass a P***. The professional dancer, who also hosts Hole In The Wall on the BBC, made the comment after Laila revealed she'd had a spray-tan done, telling her, "Oh my God, you look like a P***!" Laila, whose mum is Indian and dad Moroccan, has said she forgives Anton for his slur and still wants to dance with him – but this hasn't stopped furious viewers demanding he gets the sack. Nick Lowles, who works for anti-racism groups Hope Not Hate and Searchlight, said of the incident, "An apology isn't enough. He should be sacked." Anton himself has quickly issued an apology, saying, "Laila and me have strong personalities and she gives as good as she gets. I must say immediately and categorically that I am not a racist and that I do not use racist language. There was no racist intent. I apologise unreservedly for any offence my actions might have caused."

Taken from Heatworld.com
    I'm surprised this hasn't been all over After Hours?

AH loves a good race controversy :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

Lynda Bellingham has become the fourth contestant to be eliminated from Strictly Come Dancing.
    The television presenter and her professional dance partner Darren Bennett found themselves in the bottom two with Craig Kelly and Flavia Cacace.
    After the dance-off, judges Len Goodman, Alesha Dixon, Craig Revel Horwood and Bruno Tonioli had to decide which couple to eliminate.
    Horwood and Dixon decided to save Lynda and Darren, while Tonioli chose Craig and Flavia. As head judge, Goodman had the deciding vote.
    He chose Craig and Flavia, meaning that Lynda and Darren became the fourth couple to be eliminated.
    She said: "Darren's been absolutely fantastic, thank you. It's been brilliant."

I didnt watch all the show since X Factor was on at 8pm but they is no one standing out yet for me as a great dancer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭flutegirl

JP Liz wrote: »
    I didnt watch all the show since X Factor was on at 8pm but they is no one standing out yet for me as a great dancer

Zoe Lucker is looking as though she could do well, and I think Tuffer's will go far in the competition. Loved Ali and Brian's Salsa routine.

The publicity for the show is mainly the rumoured romances i.e. Joe/Kristina and Ali/Brian not about who is the best dancer :rolleyes:

The publicity for the show is mainly the rumoured romances i.e. Joe/Kristina and Ali/Brian not about who is the best dancer :rolleyes:

Yeah, it detracts from the dancing, would be better if they kept their romance under wraps until after the show's finished, would be more genuine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 mcronnymc

I think its high time that a senior member of government, acted quickly and remove this filth they call television and entertainment from our gaze forever. Does people in fairness have nothing better to do with their time than watch z-list celebrities learn to ballroom dance with the primary function of publicing their 10th biography. I believe contest Lynda Bellingham went on the show with the sole objective of gaining interest in her biography which is coming out in March 2009, for the sake of the human race and all it stands for reject this dirt in numbers

mcronnymc wrote: »
    I think its high time that a senior member of government, acted quickly and remove this filth they call television and entertainment from our gaze forever. Does people in fairness have nothing better to do with their time than watch z-list celebrities learn to ballroom dance with the primary function of publicing their 10th biography. I believe contest Lynda Bellingham went on the show with the sole objective of gaining interest in her biography which is coming out in March 2009, for the sake of the human race and all it stands for reject this dirt in numbers

That would be the March 2009 that has been and gone...:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29 mcronnymc

sori 2010

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

I don't see dancing :( I see silly F1 :(

Jesus I'd go nuts if was recording it, I usually miss the last few mins a BBC always has SCD overrunning, bu this is nuts, 10 mins late so far!!!!

Wasted 15mins on crappy talking.

They shoulda shoved it over to BBC2 ages ago

Wooooohhoooooo!!!!!

Gawd bless Ricky Groves, he's just so comical looking :)

Zoe in the dance off? thats a bloody shock she's fab!!!

Joe Calzaghe and Kristina Rihanoff have become the fifth couple voted off Strictly Come Dancing.
    The Welsh boxer and Russian professional were joined in the dance-off by Footballers' Wives star Zoe Lucker and James Jordan.
    Earlier in the evening, Calzaghe scored 21 points for his Jive, while Lucker impressed the judges with the same dance, totalling 30 points.
    Coronation Street star Craig Kelly avoided a third dance-off, despite finishing bottom of the judges' leaderboard with 20 points.
    All four judges voted to save Lucker and Jordan, after both couples performed for the second time.

so long Joe

^ He definately outstayed his welcome, but shame Kristina has gone, she deserves a decent partner next year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭ohanloj3

jade and ian didn't deserve to be in the dance off

• Advertisement

Jo Wood has become the sixth celebrity to be voted off Strictly Come Dancing.
    Wood and Brendan Cole were joined in the bottom two by Olympic athlete Jade Johnson and Ian Waite.
    Earlier in the evening, Wood and Cole scored only 14 and finished bottom of the leaderboard with their samba. Johnson and Waite fared better, finishing joint third with the same dance and a score of 32.
    After the dance-off, all four judges voted to save Waite and Johnson. However, Alesha Dixon praised Wood for being a "fantastic sport" on the show.
    Speaking about her departure, the entrepreneur said: "I'm surprised that I lasted this long. I have enjoyed every second. I am going to go and dance with [Brendan] on his tour."

not too keen on Mr. Hollyoaks he seems too cocky

Richard Gere is in talks to appear on Strictly as anxious bosses desperately try to compete with the X Factor.
    They want the Pretty Woman actor, 60, to team up with Phil Tufnell's partner Katya Virshilas for a one-off dance.

The pair worked together in 2004 on Richard's romcom Shall We Dance, which also starred Jennifer Lopez.

A source told TV Biz: "The BBC is desperate to woo back viewers who have switched to the X Factor.

"ITV is hammering the show in the ratings so bosses think getting some high-profile names on will do the trick. Mariah Carey and Pamela Anderson are also being lined up."

Strictly refused to confirm if Gere would feature.

A spokesman would say only that producers were in talks with several celebrities about going on the show.

They should show in on another night

They should show in on another night

As much as I love SCD, and I do, I start thinking about it as soon as Spring hits, the show is far too long this year. Was much better when it was split on the Saturday, main show in the early eve and then the results show around 9.30.

But will miss Brendan and Jo.

Shame to see Ali and Zoe in the bottom 2 as they were not the worst 2, but glad Ali was saved as she is the better dancer.

Excellent to see Matthew Cutler doing 2 dances, he is a seriously good dancer, and hot with it. ;)

Am picking Jade and Ian to win, don't think it will be Ricky Whittle no matter how good he is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭BlackMamba

Zoe and James are gone!!:O:O It was a frickin' travesty!! Ricky G, Craig and Chris go through while Zoe and Ali are in the dance-off!!
    My god, the public don't know how to vote!! It's a DANCE contest, not a popularity contest!! If another strong couple goes next week, I'll lose the frickin rag!!!!!!:(

/rant over

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭BlackMamba

flutegirl wrote: »
    Excellent to see Matthew Cutler doing 2 dances, he is a seriously good dancer, and hot with it. ;)

Damn right!! Wish he was still in the competition!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Condoms

really good show tonight

The Strictly Come Dancing judges tonight voted to boot Zoë Lucker from the BBC One show following a dance-off that they branded as "ludicrous".
    The actress and her partner James Jordan, who danced the samba, were joined in the bottom two by Hollyoaks star Ali Bastian and Brian Fortuna.
    Bastian and Fortuna's paso doble won the judges' favour, although Bruno Tonioli said that neither of the two couples should have faced the axe.
    Lucker and Jordan had earlier scored 32 out of 40 for their samba, while Bastian and Fortuna gained one additional point for their paso doble.
    Craig described the decision as a "heinous dilemma", while head judge Len Goodman said that he was dismayed. "I'm sorry , I know that the viewers can do what they like and it is a popularity contest and all that but this is ludicrous. It is nonsensical," he said.
    Speaking after the results, Lucker said that she had had an "amazing experience" and praised her dancing partner as the "best teacher".

shocked with the result :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭Daisy03

First time seeing this thread. Love strictly. Anyone know why Ali was wearing flat shoes/slippers in the dance-off? I know she was injured but surely they couldn't have helped her?

• Advertisement

Daisy03 wrote: »
    First time seeing this thread. Love strictly. Anyone know why Ali was wearing flat shoes/slippers in the dance-off? I know she was injured but surely they couldn't have helped her?

It looked as though she was dancing in bare feet, I'm guessing it was too painful for her to wear her shoes, she could barely walk after the first dance.

She has a lot of potential but if she doesn't step up her game she'll get voted off pretty soon, she looks scared to death most of the time, which is a shame as they could be in the final, but I'm not sure she'll make it that far.

Advertisement