Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strictly Come Dancing 2009

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭flutegirl

Link below to the professional dances from Saturday's show, Matt and Aliona's brilliant dance is second, enjoy. ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ImJr6cyv6Q

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭newbie85

it looked like ali was wearing ballet shoes.
    TBH i thought they'd lose out in the dance off as a result (which i didn't want) but it was such a shame that zoe and james went! i REALLY hope craig goes this week now that he's gotten what he's been whining about for weeks!

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭WaltKowalski

Anyone know if/when strictly is repeated on tv??

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

thankfully Craig finally went!

Ginny wrote: »
    thankfully Craig finally went!

If he had gone through again, I would've moved to the UK for the weekend so I could vote him out myself!! Right result, thankfully.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭BlackMamba

Really wish we could vote in Ireland!! Would have gotten rid of Craig ages ago!! Show was great tonight, the best of the series!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

Coronation Street star Craig Kelly has become the eighth celebrity to be voted off Strictly Come Dancing.
    The soap actor, who was partnered by Flavia Cacace, was bottom of the leaderboard after only scoring 17 for his cha cha cha.
    Head judge Len Goodman said that it was the "weakest dance of the night" at the Blackpool Tower Ballroom and Craig Revel Horwood compared his dancing to a "Thunderbird". Meanwhile, Alesha Dixon claimed: "You are not as good as you think you are, [Craig]."
    Kelly was joined in the bottom two by ex-EastEnders star Ricky Groves and Erin Boag. Earlier in the evening, the duo scored 25 for their Latin routine, which judge Bruno Tonioli described as "ridiculous".
    After the dance-off, all four judges chose to save Groves and Boag. "You've been very sweet, Craig, my love, but I'm saving Ricky and Erin," commented Dixon.
    Speaking afterwards, Kelly stated: "I feel pretty amazing. It's great that I made it to Blackpool. Any other week after this was a massive Brucie bonus. It was just great to get to dance with the best dancer in the world."

I actually liked Craig must be the only one :o

JP Liz wrote: »
    I actually liked Craig must be the only one :o

He started off OK but he seemed to go backwards.

last night's vt with ricky whittle fawning over natalie makes sense now that i read that he broke up with his girlfriend!! i was thinking she wouldnt have been happy at him saying natalie is the best part of my day!!

Strictly Come Dancing has its third romance this series – between Hollyoaks actor Ricky Whittle and Natalie Lowe.

Show insiders say Ricky and dance partner Natalie first fell for each other several weeks ago.

And on Sunday they were spotted taking Nat’s parents for a meal in Liverpool, where Ricky films Hollyoaks.

Natalie and Ricky left separately in an effort to throw photographers off the scent.

But one onlooker said: “They looked very cosy and it certainly seemed as though Natalie's mum and dad took to Ricky.”

Ricky and Natalie follow in the footsteps of contestants Joe Calzaghe, who is dating Kristina Rihanoff, and Ali Bastian, who has fallen for Brian Fortuna.

It was revealed last week Ricky, 27, had split from girlfriend of two years and fellow Hollyoaks star Carley Stenson.

But he did not look like a man nursing a broken heart during the weekend’s Blackpool special.

While talking of scoring three 10s the previous week he said: “The best part of the night was seeing how happy Natalie was.”

And during training this week he told how dancing with Natalie was a real thrill.

He said: “I'm loving the tango, it’s so sexy and passionate. This is just so hot, it’s unbelievable.”

A BBC spokeswoman refused to comment on the romance but added: “There is clearly a great deal of chemistry between them.”

• Advertisement

Bruce Forsyth has been forced to pull out of tomorrow night's episode of Strictly Come Dancing because he has been struck down with flu.
    The 81-year-old presenter is to take a week off from the BBC One ballroom show after receiving medical advice, it has been confirmed.
    Forsyth's co-host Tess Daly will take over his usual role of introducing the dances and judges' comments in Saturday's instalment, BBC News reports.
    A spokesman said: "Unfortunately, due to a bout of the flu and on doctor's orders, Bruce will be unable to host Strictly Come Dancing this Saturday. However, Tess Daly will be stepping into his presenting shoes."
    No announcement has been made on whether a replacement will be recruited to perform Daly's backstage presenting duties. She usually interviews each couple after they leave the dancefloor.

Bruce Forsyth has been forced to pull out of tomorrow night's episode of Strictly Come Dancing because he has been struck down with flu.
    The 81-year-old presenter is to take a week off from the BBC One ballroom show after receiving medical advice, it has been confirmed.
    Forsyth's co-host Tess Daly will take over his usual role of introducing the dances and judges' comments in Saturday's instalment, BBC News reports.
    A spokesman said: "Unfortunately, due to a bout of the flu and on doctor's orders, Bruce will be unable to host Strictly Come Dancing this Saturday. However, Tess Daly will be stepping into his presenting shoes."
    No announcement has been made on whether a replacement will be recruited to perform Daly's backstage presenting duties. She usually interviews each couple after they leave the dancefloor.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/8358632.stm

Excellent, she's brill!

yeah i'm delighted that claudia is filling in!! but i'm gonna miss brucie!! :(

Bruce Forsyth has pulled out of Saturday's Strictly Come Dancing "on doctor's orders" because he has flu, the BBC has announced. Co-presenter Tess Daly will be taking on the 81-year-old's hosting role while her backstage duties will be handled by Claudia Winkleman.
    Winkleman presents spin-off show It Takes Two on BBC Two.
    It is the first time Forsyth has missed a show since Strictly Come Dancing began on BBC One in 2004.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

Ronnie Corbett?
    Awful.
    Claudia is a lot better, actually Tess and Claudia are a lot less annoying then Tess and Bruce.

i love claudia!! she's brilliant!! i'd just replace tess with her and bring back brucie! i love the cheese!!
    i feel bad for laila but wouldnt be sorry to see her go this week! and ali danced twice on an injury two weeks ago so i dont think that's a reason to vote to keep her in!!

also, i think anto is an arse.

BLIMEY! What a show tonight. Laila not being able to finish her dance, being voted through, Ricky and Tuffers in the dance-off.

Hope Jade is back next week, but her injury looked fairly bad, had her tipped to win.

Lalia and twat Anton should have gone

Lalia and twat Anton should have gone

You're not a fan then, eh? ;):D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

I thought it was better tonight, without having to listen to Bruces jokes.
    I watch Claudia in the week, and i thinks she's brilliant. She should be there all the time!!

• Advertisement

In the dance off with Laila and Anton.

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭mandz

I'll miss Ricky G...

Pity poor Jade had to pull out I was willing her on to win. I'd prefer someone who hasn't been a contender from the beginning to win as opposed to the two from Hollyoaks

http://uk.tv.yahoo.com/blog/article/366513/
    Strictly Come Dancing contestant Ricky Whittle has been arrested on suspicion of assault.
    The actor is being held by police following an incident in Liverpool city centre in the early hours of this morning.
    A police spokesperson said the incident involved a collision between a car and a male pedestrian, who suffered minor injuries.
    Merseyside Police confirmed that a 29-year-old man from Billinge, Greater Manchester, was being questioned over the incident.
    The Hollyoaks actor and his dance partner Natalie Lowe are among the favourites to win this year's Strictly Come Dancing after receiving high marks from the judges throughout the series.
    It is not clear whether his arrest will affect his appearance on this weekend's show.

Check out It Takes Two tonight to see whether he's competing tomorrow or not.

oh i hope he is! hopefully it was something that was totally blown out of proportion by the press!!:(

In dance off with Ricky Whittle.

Bette Midler is to perform on this weekend's Strictly Come Dancing.

The 63-year-old American singer and actress, who is currently promoting her Best Bette: Deluxe Edition LP, was confirmed by the BBC One show's official Twitter earlier today.

Saturday's quarter-final will feature the final four celebrities - Ali Bastian, Ricky Whittle, Chris Hollins and Laila Rouass - performing two dances.

It will also be the first show this year to include five judges. Ballet star Darcey Bussell will join the regular panel of Craig Revel Horwood, Len Goodman, Bruno Tonioli and Alesha Dixon.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

It will be interesting to see Darcey Judge. i reckon she will be quite strict and point out all the technicall things

• Advertisement

Snoopy1 wrote: »
    It will be interesting to see Darcey Judge. i reckon she will be quite strict and point out all the technicall things

Not really sure why a fifth judge is needed at this stage of the show, and looks as though Alesha will be signing up for next year as well.

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/21/20091130/ten-alesha-set-for-new-strictly-series-5f8abb3.html

As much as I like Alesha I still don't think she's suited to judging.

Advertisement