Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strictly Come Dancing 2009

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,477 ✭✭✭Heroditas

flutegirl wrote: »
    As much as I like Alesha I still don't think she's suited to judging.

Karen Hardy would be perfect

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭flutegirl

In the dance-off with Ricky Whittle. If it's down to the public vote from now on, as there's only 3 couples left, I think the title is Chris and Ola's. Doesn't look as if Ricky has the public vote.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1233555/Footballer-Wives-actress-Laila-Rouass-gets-boot-Strictly-Come-Dancing.html

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

I would love Chris and Ola to win I think they have great chemistry,:cool:
    In the dance-off with Ricky Whittle. If it's down to the public vote from now on, as there's only 3 couples left, I think the title is Chris and Ola's. Doesn't look as if Ricky has the public vote.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1233555/Footballer-Wives-actress-Laila-Rouass-gets-boot-Strictly-Come-Dancing.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

I want Chris to win - Ricky and Ali are not likeable

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭newbie85

i love chris, but i love ricky too!! they both seem like the most lovely men, concerned about the people around them and great fun!! i like ali, but she's a bit boring. saying that i'd be happy enough to have any of them in the final, if only there could be the three of them!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭dreamer_ire

Firstly I thought there was gonna be an accident during that show dance. The number of times the guy was wobbly under some of those lifts was incredible. Seen them dance before and they have been immaculate... was really surprised. I wonder did he hurt himself the first time he tried to lift her and stumbled a little or whether it was just nerves.

Secondly I can't believe they had Lily Allen sing that song on Strictly :eek:

Lastly I am over the moon Chris and Ola are in the Final. Not sure I'd have watched it if it was just Ali and Ricky.

Yeah baby!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

Yep i thought the show dance looked abit shakey. Im really looking forward to Ricky's showdance i reckon he will do a really good one!!

Im glad Ali has gone, i thought she was overmarked for a lot of her dances.

I really liked seeing Darcey dance, thought she was very good

Ali Bastian said she was "going out on a high" as she and her partner Brian Fortuna were voted off Strictly Come Dancing tonight.
    The former Hollyoaks star and Fortuna had earlier been awarded a perfect 50/50 for their American smooth and 42/50 for their Argentine tango.
    Craig Revel Horwood described their waltz as "Fab-u-lous", while Bruno Toniolo proclaimed: "The ballroom dazzler is back." However, Bastian was warned by judge Len Goodman that her nerves had been apparent during the tango.
    "If you want to be here next week kissing that mirror ball trophy you have to kiss goodbye to your nerves because I think they really inhibit your performance," he said.
    Hearing the result, the 26-year-old said: "We are going out on the most tremendous high and it has been the most incredible journey and I have loved every minute of it."
    Bastian, who overcame an ankle injury to take to the floor, thanked fans at home for their support, before giving Fortuna a peck on the lips as she voiced her immense gratitude to him. Host Bruce Forsyth described the evening as the "best semi-final" in Strictly history.
    The departure leaves presenter Chris Hollins and Hollyoaks star Ricky Whittle in the running to take the crown in next week's grand final.

THIS is not to be missed! This could be the dance of the series. Only got to watch the show yesterday, sad to see Ali go but I think Ricky is the better dancer, as much as I love Ali and Brian.

Counting down to the final but it also means the last week of It Takes Two :(

Firstly I thought there was gonna be an accident during that show dance. The number of times the guy was wobbly under some of those lifts was incredible. Seen them dance before and they have been immaculate... was really surprised. I wonder did he hurt himself the first time he tried to lift her and stumbled a little or whether it was just nerves.
    Secondly I can't believe they had Lily Allen sing that song on Strictly :eek:

Lastly I am over the moon Chris and Ola are in the Final. Not sure I'd have watched it if it was just Ali and Ricky.

Yeah baby!!!!

Yeah, there was a point in the dance where they looked as if they went wrong, kinda stopped for a couple of seconds then picked it back up again. The best show dance on SCD was Hana and her partner, a few years back.

• Advertisement

I hope Chris wins

JP Liz wrote: »
    I hope Chris wins
    yeah I do too, go Chris & Ola

My prediction - Ricky to win on the judges votes but Chris will triumph on the night! (He'll also have about 20 votes from me!!!)

Anyone going? On for a few days at the o2, should be good.

Ricky is leaving Hollyoaks he must be expecting loads of work from this :rolleyes:

Chris to win

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

Every person who has gone on It Takes Two in the week, has said they want Chris to win. I think there could be a shock in store, would love him to win

JP Liz wrote: »
    Ricky is leaving Hollyoaks he must be expecting loads of work from this :rolleyes:

Chris to win

I think it might be the other way round... he knew he was on his way out of Hollyoaks and so agreed to do SCD. Everytime I watch Ricky I become less convinced of him. He seems like a nice guy but everytime he gets positive comments he always has the same expression on his face and given that he's an actor I can't but help think it's not genuine.

Team Cola all the way!

I think it might be the other way round... he knew he was on his way out of Hollyoaks and so agreed to do SCD. Everytime I watch Ricky I become less convinced of him. He seems like a nice guy but everytime he gets positive comments he always has the same expression on his face and given that he's an actor I can't but help think it's not genuine.

Team Cola all the way!
    I saw a picture of Ricky getting out of his Lamborghini in a magazine last week, what wages is he on?

Anyone spot Joe kiss Kristina in the background just there? I thought he did.... are they a couple? Mind you I'm not sure she was that pleased!

• Advertisement

Chris Hollins and Ola Jordan have been crowned the 2009 series champions of Strictly Come Dancing.
    The BBC Breakfast reporter and his professional partner beat Ricky Whittle and Natalie Lowe in tonight's live final on BBC One.
    Whittle and Lowe scored more points from the judges across the evening, totalling 190 to Hollins and Jordan's 186, but they lost out in the public vote.
    Hollins's performances included a foxtrot, a head-to-head Lindy hop, a show dance and a Charleston, which the journalist scored full marks for. Darcey Bussell claimed that Hollins and Jordan were "perfectly in tune" for the dance.
    Whittle and Lowe danced a quickstep and a cha cha cha along with the Lindy hop and show dance. The pairing received full marks for the quickstep, which Alesha Dixon said was "one of the greatest dances in Strictly history". Head judge Len Goodman told the Hollyoaks actor after his show dance that no matter what happened, he was "the best dancer in the competition".
    Speaking after the results were announced, Hollins said: "Thank you to [Ricky and Natalie]. You have made it a wonderful final. Thanks to all our family and friends and our loved ones for helping us find time to train. And thanks to all the professionals, who were so generous with their time, they are brilliant."
    He added: "Thank you Ola-chops for believing in me. You are such a lovely little girl."
    Entertainment during the evening came from host Bruce Forsyth and Dixon singing a duet, a performance from professionals Brian Fortuna and Kristina Rihanoff, and a group dance featuring 2008 finalists Lisa Snowdon and Rachel Stevens.

For the first time I wasn't too bothered who won this year, Ricky was the outstanding dancer from the beginning but Chris was more entertaining. Felt the series was too long this year with far too many couples, will be interesting to see what changes are made for next year, and will Alesha return. Looking forward to the Christmas day special.

For the first time I wasn't too bothered who won this year, Ricky was the outstanding dancer from the beginning but Chris was more entertaining. Felt the series was too long this year with far too many couples, will be interesting to see what changes are made for next year, and will Alesha return. Looking forward to the Christmas day special.

Couldn't agree with you more flutegirl. I also wasn't as hooked on it this year, it was far too long and I hated the way they split the shows this year. I'd much prefer it if they brought back the results show on Saturday night! That way you had a SCD night rather than an hour and again for a bit on Sunday.... kinda diluted it down for me.

Please Chris won and I was surprised on the night how well he and Ola did. In almost every case I preferred their dancing to Ricky and Natalies. I thought Natalie made the mistake Erin did when she danced with Colin Jackson in that she went for technique rather than atmosphere.

Couldn't agree with you more flutegirl. I also wasn't as hooked on it this year, it was far too long and I hated the way they split the shows this year. I'd much prefer it if they brought back the results show on Saturday night! That way you had a SCD night rather than an hour and again for a bit on Sunday.... kinda diluted it down for me.

Please Chris won and I was surprised on the night how well he and Ola did. In almost every case I preferred their dancing to Ricky and Natalies. I thought Natalie made the mistake Erin did when she danced with Colin Jackson in that she went for technique rather than atmosphere.

Absolutely hated the purple leotard.

Advertisement