Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor contract

• 18-06-2009 3:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 44

Hello guys,

Looking for a bit of help, at Christmas i signed up for Meteor bill pay at 50 euro a month. All was well and good until i got cut back in work till part time so i'm just going through expenses that i have trying to cut back where possible and go back to PAYG. i was just wondering if anyone has had a contract with meteor and tried to get out of it...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭sbhatia

Hello guys,

Looking for a bit of help, at Christmas i signed up for Meteor bill pay at 50 euro a month. All was well and good until i got cut back in work till part time so i'm just going through expenses that i have trying to cut back where possible and go back to PAYG. i was just wondering if anyone has had a contract with meteor and tried to get out of it...

If you want to cancel the contract then you will have to buy it means you will have to pay remaining months, in your case that is 50€ * 6 months, well the best you can do is to ring them and explain them situation and change to lower tariff eg €20. good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭ITDept

I used to work for them a while ago and the rule was always that you could lower your tariff after 6 months (to prevent people signing up to a high tariff to get a big discount on a phone and then switching to a low tariff immediately). I think you should be able to do this without any major problems now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,922 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

as you got your number at christmas you're over (at least you should be) your 6 months, ring and ask to be switched down to the 20e tariff, and then if you want to buy out of your contract its 6 months * 20 instead of 6 months * 50. You could then revert to the PAYG and get either the free any network texts or free meteor calls and texts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 simonbyrneno.4

Thanks for the advice guys. ill get onto it today

• Advertisement
Advertisement