Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good place in Cork to get a piercing

• 18-06-2009 3:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Hi all,

I am hoping to find a good place in Cork city to get a tragus piercing. Can any body out there recommend a place?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Deffsteph

From my own experience I would recommend Smiley Dogg on Marlboro Street, around the corner from Liam Russell's bookshop. I had my nipples pierced in there last week, after the place being recommended by a friend and I was very impressed with it. The piercer is lovely, completely puts your mind at ease, talks you through everything and most importantly, knows what she's doing. They're very hygienic; everything is clean and sterilised and so far I've had no problems or complications with my piercings.

I previously had my nose pierced in Tattoo Zoo, which was also quite clean and the staff very friendly etc. However, I had a lot of complications afterwards because the piercing would spontaneously start bleeding and as a result it became quite infected and took almost a year to fully heal, even though I followed aftercare instructions to the book.

Ultimately, it's your own decision, and I'm sure there are others on here who might be able to give you a bit more insight into other places :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 iagainst138

Thanks for your reply. I'll check out Smiley Dog.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 ned.78

Was in with Smiley Dog with my mate Ger, her only problem was the swelling afterward, but good aftercare took care of it in a week or so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Swelling is only natural with most piercings, it's part of the bodys natural healing process.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

Tattoo Zoo(North Main St.), Smily Dogg(Marlboro St.) and Tribal Ink(Kyle St.) are all recommended.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭!!!

Definitely Tattoo Zoo.. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Tattoo Zoo all the way, dunno if Carol is still in there doing the piercings. But i had two done by her back in 2005 (rook and tragis) and both of them healed up with no complications. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

Carols been gone a while. The lad in there now is called Noel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Wasn't that hard to look down the page and see the topic already there was it? :p;)

Advertisement