Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Swtiched to 3 from Vodafone - can't receive calls

• 18-06-2009 4:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭

Hi -

I ordered a new phone from 3, received it todat with a new sim card. When I got it I called three and I got them to switch over my old billpay Vodafone number.

THey said it would take 2 hours to transfer.

My Vodafone sim is now desactivated and when i try to make a call with the three' phone, it does shoes my 087- Number which is great. However, i am not able to receive any incoming calls. You get an automated answer 'the number you have dialled cannot accept this call, call again later' - Which is annoying -> i am unreacheable ...

I called the three again tried a fe wthings, but no joy ... they escalated that to a more technical tech department ... and should get back to me within 24/48 hours ...

Has anyone ever exprienced that?

THanks ........

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Kenny Powers

Sometimes it can take a few hours before you number fully resolves across all the networks, do you know anyone on 3 can they call you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭gcgirl

i switched from 3 to meteor this week and it took 2 days for them to bring my number fully over ! missed texts and calls for them 2 days !!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

Sometimes it can take a few hours before you number fully resolves across all the networks, do you know anyone on 3 can they call you?

3 network can't call me ... noone ca ... even people from 3 themselves ...

I called again, they're saying that I must wait 24 to 48 hours ... and if there is any problem they'll call me ... on bloody what > lol.

I gave them my work number but obviously at the weekend i am screwed.
    gcgirl wrote: »
    i switched from 3 to meteor this week and it took 2 days for them to bring my number fully over ! missed texts and calls for them 2 days !!

I fear that people will think i am being a b*tch not getting back to them ... actually, I am sure noone will miss me :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

It is probably a routing issue. Call Vodafone and they will be able to update the routing manually and this will probably resolve the issue for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

Did you try turning off your phone

• Advertisement

It is probably a routing issue. Call Vodafone and they will be able to update the routing manually and this will probably resolve the issue for you.

Just got on to vodafone and they said they've handed over the line this morning at 11am, so it's defo 3's issue ...
    Walkman wrote: »
    about a trillion times :)

They're nice the 3 people, but deprived of all feelings ... I guess i am also talking to their graveyard shift people...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Just got on to vodafone and they said they've handed over the line this morning at 11am, so it's defo 3's issue ...
    Bah, I misread your original post. The recipient operator (Three in this case) will update the routing. Give them a shout and tell them that Vodafone said that that is what is needed.

Bah, I misread your original post. The recipient operator (Three in this case) will update the routing. Give them a shout and tell them that Vodafone said that that is what is needed.
    yes - it's over to them now ... they just won't update me which is annoying ... so far 3 isn't so magic ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

I got a replacement Three sim last weekend - it took two days to activate properly.

Great ...

Thank god for the internet ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

I got a replacement Three sim last weekend - it took two days to activate properly.

Just for a replacement sim?? Thats madness, should be 2 minutes not 2 days

Now how many times did i hear that one !!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Davy wrote: »

Tis. They have to escalate to the technical team to do it.

This is a common enough issue with 3. If you put your vodafone sim back in a phone you might find the calls are being routed there. Not much you can do but wait til they sort it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Davy wrote: »

They run a batch twice a day to changeover but someone forgot to do something so the batch run gave me a signal but my number was inactive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

Now how many times did i hear that one !!:D

Any network will tell you to try rebooting youor phone not just 3, and in the case of porting it is important to refresh your handset on the network so less of the smart comments please

Any network will tell you to try rebooting youor phone not just 3, and in the case of porting it is important to refresh your handset on the network so less of the smart comments please

I was not being smart just funny the 6 times i rang meteor(not 3 this time) the 6 times they said that to me and i thought it was funny !! I am not some inempt thick that has not got a clue about phones of course i turned off my phone several 100's times per day while waiting but it just seems that the staff are just reading off a card without being properly trained!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭xanthor

When i switched from 02 to Vodafone it took FIVE days for them to sort it out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

xanthor wrote: »
    When i switched from 02 to Vodafone it took FIVE days for them to sort it out.

Was that online? I think the vodafone online porting isn't worth a toss, creates nothing but problems, better put through in a vodafone store

but the store cant even do that yonks ago i went in to tallaght and they looked at me like i had 5 heads when i asked them to port me over!!

but the store cant even do that yonks ago i went in to tallaght and they looked at me like i had 5 heads when i asked them to port me over!!
    I went to the 3 shop after work in Blancharstown and they couldn't even help me ... :(
    I still cannot received calls ... been over 24hrs
    I called them again last night for a status update but they were unable to give me any info - meh - Frustrated.

• Advertisement

I'm starting to think it was easier to port over 4/5 yrs ago than it is now but good luck!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭donkey balls

Hi all,

When i changed from vodafone to 3 it took seven days i had use of the 3 number and also my vodafone nbr which was a pain carrying two phones around that was two years ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

ok, just to share my 2pence.

I rang 02 this morning to port a vodafone number across to prepay, they took the details and "submitted it" I was on to vodafone in the mean time to set up something and I checked had they received anything about me porting off and they said not a solid thing and she double checked with her porting team, this was 2 and a half hours after requesting to port to 02. I rang back 02 and they said oh sorry my collegue did it wrong I'll re submit it, and he did and guess what 4 hours later not on 02!:mad: I'm not even arsed about it now, if it hasn't moved over tomorrow 02 can forget about their port and Meteor can take the custom:)

All in all, Each network has its problems with porting but I find Meteors the most trouble free one of all!

Advertisement