Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mayan calendar - end of the world question

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 twobockganeoush

Hi Nerin.Thanks for the welcome. I've read it and I can't see what I've done wrong. Its surely not classed as spam and there are plenty of links posted ealier in this thread. A story like that is of worthwhile contemplation for anyone interested in discussing such a topic.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

Hi Nerin.Thanks for the welcome. I've read it and I can't see what I've done wrong. Its surely not classed as spam and there are plenty of links posted ealier in this thread. A story like that is of worthwhile contemplation for anyone interested in discussing such a topic.

Hi,
    If you have a problem with the moderation the first step is to PM (private message) the mods.
    You dont argue/make your case on thread.
    This thread is about the mayan calendar/the end of the world.

Do not take this thread off topic again.

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

The idea that there is an Atlantean "Hall of Records" hidden under the Sphinx is based on the visions of a so-called "prophet" who in 1941 claimed the chamber would be discovered in a "few years." Caynce was a mystic who it would seem to have got his ideas from Ignatius L. Donnelly some years earlier. They are the same...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ignatius_L._Donnelly
    Ignatius Loyola Donnelly (November 3, 1831–January 1, 1901) was a U.S. Congressman, quack historian, charlatan, populist writer and fringe scientist, known primarily today for his theories on the history of Atlantis and Shakespearean authorship, which modern historians consider to be pseudohistory.

Who tickles my fancy almost of the great writer and Philisopher Ignatius J. Reilly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭mysterious

And to continue what you stated

Atlantis was the mother of Maya and Egypt. The hall of records is already found. Just not to the public.

So the coming age has all to do with US
    Can we know
    Can we succeed
    Can we ascend
    Can we believe
    Can we handle it
    Can we discover the truth
    Can we evovle
    Can we change

This is what it means.
    When you ask these questions and figuire it out, your well on your guide to discovering the secets. It's not going to be easy but this is the path you all decided before you came here.

Starting from scratch and finding thyself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

I don't think your getting it Mysterious. Knowing, Succeeding, Believing etc, are just spiritual cliches. Just listing them off like that doesn't actually mean anything.

My point still stands, Cayce was a charlatan. The people who believe him do so IMO because it is much more interesting than reality. He never actually used positive affirmations he only ever said "I feel" or "I believe", a complete chancer IMO. Now I love a good conspiracy theory as well as the next man, but that's just what these things are theorys. They have more entertainment value than actual truth.

BTW the Cayce foundation paid for a carbon dating of the pyramids of Giza in 1984 and managed to actually prove Cayce wrong! They turned out to be from around the same time as eygptologists said they were.

This is in interesting and excellent book on the subject, which I think you would do well to.
    read. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Why_People_Believe_Weird_Things:_Pseudoscience,_Superstition,_and_Other_Confusions_of_Our_Time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

The lack of spirituality and the presence of conspiracy theories means once again,
    Thread closure.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement