Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HELP! I need an easy "win" for the piano. Suggestions?

• 18-06-2009 4:46pm
    Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I want to play something calming, emotive, nice, impressive and most of all... relatively straightforward for my level of play (about 9 months learning now).

Can anyone suggest stuff to have a look at? I like Moonlight Sonata, Fur Elise, just about anything by Ludovico Einaudi and stuff like that.

I'm just looking for something beautiful and simple to play I guess.

DeV.

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

You might get some ideas (and sheet music) from this user on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/user/vkgoeswild

She does a lot of metal covers but you might find something useful or fun in there. Plus it's a break from the "usual" piano songs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

DeVore wrote: »
    I want to play something calming, emotive, nice, impressive and most of all... relatively straightforward for my level of play (about 9 months learning now).

Can anyone suggest stuff to have a look at? I like Moonlight Sonata, Fur Elise, just about anything by Ludovico Einaudi and stuff like that.

I'm just looking for something beautiful and simple to play I guess.

DeV.

Try Hüsker Dü's song "No Promise Have I Made". It's on their album Candy Appley Grey. There's no videos of it on youtube though.
    Also it's a bit long but there's a very nice piano piece that was at the end of the Pennywise song Bro Hymn. It's in two parts on youtube because it was so long. Here they are...

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Thanks, I'll check that stuff out over the weekend. If anyone else has any suggestions, do please let me know!!

DeV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭rcaz

Erik Satie - Gymnopedie No.1

Listen to a bit of Satie, his stuff is incredibly pretty, and not too difficult.

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭Kannon

try Solfegietto from C.P.E. Bach. It's a really great tune in my opinion and its relatively easy too. Being Bach, it's also quite a clever tune and it good for development of the hands. I'm only learning a short time too and i found it very good, as an exercise as much as a really nice tune to play.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭-=al=-

enya's a day without rains easy quick enough, and theres scores online... its a nice piece to play

if u got a keyboard that can do strings add em to it...its pretty nice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,247 ✭✭✭stevejazzx

valse de amelie...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭TheBandit

I know what you mean by easy win. I really enjoy learning difficult pieces(for me anyway) but sometimes you just want to play some that sounds good :D Radio Ballet by Eluvium is pretty easy
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_rEkxKhCp40

Is based on appregiated chords and sounds really nice. Pm me for the sheet music if you like it

• Registered Users Posts: 10 paulclesham

Hi, I would suggest Canon in D, by Johann Pachelbel.. there are lots of versions for piano to suit all levels and preferences.. and is a very easy piece because of the continuation of the left hand throughout. You should consider it ;)

enjoy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭Kenny_D

Here's one I love to play. It's not that hard either because its my simpler version of a more complicated song:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

Danza de la Moza Donosa (Dance of the Sad Girl) by Ginastera is one of my favourite pieces to play. I'm not all that impressed with this version of it but it's the kind of piece that you can really do your own thing with. Play around with the timing and use lots of sustaining pedal! I once made a Feis adjudicator cry when I played it. :D:D The only bit you will probably find quite tricky is the chordal section from about 1.50, if you practice it a lot slowly and hands separately though you should be able for it.

Advertisement