Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting from Rialto to Finglas

Options
  • 18-06-2009 5:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭

Just wondering the best way to get from Rialto/Dolphin's Barn to Finglas village?

I'll be working in Finglas so will need the best/quickest way considering early morning transport. Nearest direct route seems to be from Kimmage, so I'd be better off getting the luas to town and then a bus? Ideally would prefer just one bus, so don't mind walking a bit in between stops.

Thanks, my head's wrecked from looking at maps tracing bus routes so I thought I'd ask someone else to do the work!! :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

you could get the luas to town and get the 19/19a from o connell street or walk down to harolds cross bridge and get the buses from there

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

depends

what part of finglas are going too?

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭roweeeeena

Oh that's perfect, the 19 goes right outside my house sure! Talk about missing the obvious!!!! :rolleyes:
    Thanks!!

oh just saw your post pfb, going to cappagh road.

roweeeeena wrote: »
    Oh that's perfect, the 19a goes right outside my house sure! Talk about missing the obvious!!!! :rolleyes:
    Thanks!!

before you get tooo excited, where in finglas are you going to? i would consider the 19, as more of a glasnevin bus

• Advertisement

oh just saw your post pfb, going to cappagh road.

okay, the 19 is not going to be much good unless you dont mind a 20-25 min walk.

the 40d goes to cappagh road. this goes from parnell street

i have only noticed houses on cappagh road no businesses

It's definitely on Cappagh Road alright, I'll try them both and see, I suppose it just depends whether I want to walk before getting the bus or after it! Thanks for your help. :)

hmmm is it in a business park ? if so it will be an even further walk

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

Could be milenium business park, which is addressed as cappagh road. Better of getting the 40D from parnell st as its the only bus that goes up that way.

It's more at the Church Street end, at the corner of Cappagh Road and Patrickswell Place. Buses are NOT frequent it seems, I'm gonna have some grumpy mornings!! :o

• Advertisement

if its the church street end end the 19 should be okay then

Yep seems to be my best bet seeing as it goes from Dolphin's Barn. Where does the 19 end on Jamestown Road? Is it nearer to the main street or up towards the roundabout? How long would it take to walk from the 19 stop across to Church Street?

• Registered Users Posts: 78,418 ✭✭✭✭Victor

The 19 goes via Camden Street, so it might be quicker to get a different bus into town.

http://www.mkmap.com/dublin

This: http://www.dto.ie/web2006/jp.htm suggests about a 14 minute (slightly generous) walk from Ballygall Road to Cappagh Road.

The 140 from town (Westmoreland Street / O'Connell Street) or 40/a (Parnell St.) to Finglas is more frequent and direct, probably quicker.

Luas to Four Courts and 83 to Finglas Main Street is another option.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Yep seems to be my best bet seeing as it goes from Dolphin's Barn. Where does the 19 end on Jamestown Road? Is it nearer to the main street or up towards the roundabout? How long would it take to walk from the 19 stop across to Church Street?

the 19 and 19A last stop is at the top of Jamestown Road, just at the roundabout beside the new Parkview Development and the Willows 5-a-side football pitch. The 19 & 19A goes up through Phibsbourgh then by Botanic Gardens and through Finglas East and into the Village, which is a 5-10min walk to your new job.

the luas to abbey street and then the 140 from o'connell street to the stop at Finn Eber Fort boundary along the Finglas Road leaves you with a 10 min walk to Church Street area.

Advertisement