Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unpaid wages (commission) from ex-employer

Options
  • 18-06-2009 6:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,

Im an ex-recruitment consultant (one of the moral ones! Prob why I dont have a job anymore so!)

My grievance is basically that I'm owed commission for placements made earlier this year, which ordinarily doesn't get paid to consultants until the client pays up the "finder's fee". The agency have already started the artistic avoidance dance, passing me between accounts/managers etc etc.

What rights do I have here? Who can I go to if they continue to avoid me, or ultimately refuse to pay me (which I'm fully expecting, despite their having no grounds to do so - but they're a recruitment agency.)

Any help here very much appreciated.

D.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,121 ✭✭✭amcalester

I used to work in recruitment as well and a similar thing happened to me.

I'm sure your contract states that you only get paid your commission once the outstanding bill is paid by the client.

It makes sense when you think about it, why would your employer pay out on monies they havent received. Sucks.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Oh I totally get that, and have no problem with that system, but the candidate has been workin there a couple of months, and this particular agency have a very effective accounts department, so Im 99% sure the fee wouldve been paid up by the client by now.

Does this essentialy fall under the "unpaid wages" bracket?

Advertisement