Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help installing Windows Vista

Options
  • 18-06-2009 7:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭

Hey guys,

Apologies if this is the wrong place to post this.

I have a desktop PC that I've had lying dormant in my house for sometime (Dell Inspiron 530) because it was always troublesome from the beginning and everyone in my house started getting laptops and there was need for it. I went to turn it on the other to clean it up so I can use it for some basic music production. When I booted it up, it said there was no operating system on it and I should re-install Windows onto it.

So I got my Reinstall disc out and loaded it into the computer. I wish to perform a clean install, as in, completely cleaning the computer of everything and re-install windows from scratch. However I can only get so far into the install process before I get a blue screen telling me a problem was encountered or else telling me files are missing from my disc and can't perform the install. Anyone have any idea on the problem behind this and how to fix it? :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

are you trying to install from made recovery disc, or is it an original windows disc?
    would you consider installing a Linux OS for free, much easier then you think
    i think mandriva 2009 is a good vista replacement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭Stephen!

I'm using the re-install disk that I got with the computer from Dell, so I'm guessing it's an original Windows one?

I can't use Linux for music production etc tho! I've a Vista versions of Pro Tools and Cubase so they're what I'll be using and need Windows for it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭Stephen!

Anyone know how to fix it?

Advertisement