Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Keegan back to Saints

• 18-06-2009 7:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭

Calling MrJoeSoap!

Looks like the consortium thats best placed to buy Southampton is going to appoint the Messiah if sucessful, Keegan is of course an ex-Saint having joined them from Hamburg in 1980 scoring 37 in 68 games.

The side will start the new season on -10 points and prolly half the 2008/09 squad sold.

The deal is due to be completed on Friday, so the announcement could follow almost immediately.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

With Le Tiss to be chairman according to SSN.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 649 ✭✭✭fillmore jive

why are they 10 points down?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

They went into administration. Many reckon they should have got a bigger penalty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Charlie is colouring his black stripes red as we speak...:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Bloody hell. :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

Will be kinda gutted if this happens, will be weird seeing KK with the Saints.

But IMO, it's an incredibly smart move. People can discredit certain aspects of Keegan if they like, but few have had the success rate in terms of getting clubs promoted.

I'd have him back in a heartbeat at the Toon, assuming we have a stable owner, as he'd have us promoted within a season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Charlie wrote: »
    Will be kinda gutted if this happens, will be weird seeing KK with the Saints.

But IMO, it's an incredibly smart move. People can discredit certain aspects of Keegan if they like, but few have had the success rate in terms of getting clubs promoted.

I'd have him back in a heartbeat at the Toon, assuming we have a stable owner, as he'd have us promoted within a season.

Would he though? I would love.... never mind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Looks like the dream is falling apart

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/jun/30/le-tissier-pinnacle-withdraw-southampton-takeover
    The gloom at Southampton deepened today when the Pinnacle group, the consortium fronted by Matthew le Tissier, formally withdrew from the race to take over the stricken League One club, leaving the administrator, Mark Fry, left to scrutinise two bids from abroad as he desperately seeks new owners.

Le Tissier was due to be installed as chairman at St Mary's but, having seen their 21-day exclusivity period expire earlier this month, the Pinnacle group followed a consortium fronted by the businessman Marc Jackson in withdrawing its interest today. Fry will now examine proposals from two further groups, one of which has Swiss backers, as Southampton's remaining players face up to the possibility of undertaking pre-season training with no established first-team coaching staff in place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 869 ✭✭✭The Hustler

Watch Keegan do a runner once the going gets tough

Newcastle, England, City, Newcastle again

The guys a Grade A bottlejob

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

2/10

No bite from me this time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 869 ✭✭✭The Hustler

Charlie wrote: »
    2/10

No bite from me this time.

Why? Cos he has walked from every management job he's ever had? I'm not fishing here, but he walked away from Newcastle twice, Fulham, Man City and England. 5 jobs and 5 resignations.

Every club he's ever been at he's been backed financially yet still bailed when it got too much for him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,047 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

He didn't bottle it at Newcastle the second time. His working conditions were not as promised so he took a stand and walked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

lr tiss has backed out, the club is facing death. its on yahoo!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

as mike said earlier, does nobody read threads before posting? its not even that long...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 629 ✭✭✭dogpile

Perverse how a club like Southampton are 2 days from going down the pan when you have players moving around an getting paid for the kind of money you could make a return trip to the Moon on :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭The_Hustler

I was quite confused for a second when I this post. If Keegan doesn't bottle it, you have to change your username

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Sigh.

That is all.

Advertisement