Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Yacht Clontarf

Options
2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭NewFrockTuesday

Admiral, am I correct in understanding you work in the cricket club? Can we just wander in?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

Deepsense wrote: »
    Admiral, am I correct in understanding you work in the cricket club? Can we just wander in?

not at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭whatduck

Degsy wrote: »
    Best carvery my arse..dried up turkey,small portions and 13 quid a pop to boot.

Hmm maybe you went there on an off day, every time I ate there the food was great and the portions would stuff ya, don't generally go for turkey as its usually dried up shiit. Also the gravy was amazing.

Don't ever remember paying 13 quid for the carvery it was 10:50 or something like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭jkmanc1974

whatduck wrote: »
    Hmm maybe you went there on an off day, every time I ate there the food was great and the portions would stuff ya, don't generally go for turkey as its usually dried up shiit. Also the gravy was amazing.

Don't ever remember paying 13 quid for the carvery it was 10:50 or something like that.

Yep twas 10.50 - used to be ideal for the early feed on a Sunday before heading elsewhere, was my local for a while but the amount of screaming kids running around the place EVERY sunday would do my head in whilst having a few pints!!! Has to be said that the evening a la carte food was brilliant though....

Brgds
    Johnny

• Registered Users Posts: 3 germanspider

whatduck wrote: »
    I miss Dollymount house, best carvery ever!

EDIT: I heard from 2 sources that The Yacht was closed for good, is it deffo coming back?

was there last saturday nite for dinner and few drinks ,it was my first time there after they reopened , the place was packed with people , and some of the staff is back too:D;):p
    must say the quality of the food didnt change , i ordered a chicken stir fry and sweet jaysus = i nearly licked the plate ! has anyone been in recently ??

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,624 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

Yeah I go there for a pint the odd time, never had any food though.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Friend's were down there over the weekend and were very impressed,I must check it out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭Miss Fluff

Lived in the Tarf from about 2001-04 and the Yacht was great for a Sunday lunch but not if you had a hangover. Like above poster said, was usually over-run with kids at weekend although food was good. Very good place for a bite to eat and a few sedate bevvies during the week though.

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭pampers1

Does anyone know if there is entertainment on in here on a Saturday night or anything? I'm looking for a nice pub to go on a date over clontarf direction. Any ideas would be great. thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭TheBlock

pampers1 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if there is entertainment on in here on a Saturday night or anything? I'm looking for a nice pub to go on a date over clontarf direction. Any ideas would be great. thanks.

Harry Byrnes...No entertainment but a nice spot for a few pints.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

The Yacht is an awful place, always was, the renovations haven't really improved the atmosphere in the place!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭winston82

BraziliaNZ wrote: »
    The Yacht is an awful place, always was, the renovations haven't really improved the atmosphere in the place!
    TheBlock wrote: »
    Harry Byrnes...No entertainment but a nice spot for a few pints.

Food service is terrible in the yacht . Been twice since it opened and both times the service was appauling. My friend went couple weeks ago and was served a gone off steak and they refused to take it off the bill. There doesnt seem to be a floor manager and they are horribly understaffed.

I used to be a regular in the yacht before the renovations but wont be returning again.

For a nice atmosphere, harry's your man.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Had no idea the Dollymount House was so old!

http://www.clontarf.ie/history-of-clontarf/the-old-inns-of-clontarf

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭Delta2113

Could somebody give me directions from east point business park to The Yacht Pub. Can you walk it and is the best bus the 130? Any idea what stop you would get off at?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,313 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Delta2113 wrote: »
    Could somebody give me directions from east point business park to The Yacht Pub. Can you walk it and is the best bus the 130? Any idea what stop you would get off at?

Get off at the stop for St Lawrence Road. It's barely a matter of seconds and a few metres to walk to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,348 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Walk it in 20 minutes, it would take you 15 minutes to get to a 130 bus stop.

Exit East Point by main entrance onto Alfie Byrne Road, go right, walk along Alfie Byrne Road towards Clontarf. At the end of Alfie Byrne Road, start walking along Clontarf Promenade with the sea on your right... you will soon see the Yacht on Clontarf Road on your left. Use the lights just before Stiles Road to cross over to the Yacht.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

Advertisement