Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Baby Friendly Cafe, Cork City?

Options
  • 18-06-2009 8:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

I have to pay a visit to Cork city in the morning and will need to feed my baby. Because I'll be on my own I'm just wondering if any one can reccommend a nice cafe that will be easy to manouver a buggy around.

Thanks,

Fizzy

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 938 ✭✭✭chuci

is the city centre your going to? amacus on pauls street is quite open and you would manage to get a buggy in no problems the food there is nice. hassets bakery is next door if you find amacus a bit difficult to manoeuvre and they do the best sandwiches in cork imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 fizzy cola

Thanks chuci I'll be around Patrick street I know paul street so I'll check out your suggestions, thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Blue Lips

amicus is one of the last places id go with a buggy tbh. the tables are very close together and would be hard to steer a buggy around.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

My wife goes to a place called G or something. It is in the little arcade next to Caseys furniture shop on Oliver Plunkett Street where the pedestrian entrance to the Grand Parade car park is. There is plenty of room to get a double buggy around in there so a single should be no bother.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 938 ✭✭✭chuci

Blue Lips wrote: »
    amicus is one of the last places id go with a buggy tbh. the tables are very close together and would be hard to steer a buggy around.

perhaps they moved the tables since i was in there last

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Jimmy1bob

Without a doubt the most baby friendly place in town is Scoozi's, the staff there are all friendly and lot of them really do like children. Sometimes they will take the child for a tour of the restaurant and give you a break, they also have plenty of colouring pages and crayons for kids.Open from 9am-11pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Jimmy1bob wrote: »
    Without a doubt the most baby friendly place in town is Scoozi's, the staff there are all friendly and lot of them really do like children. Sometimes they will take the child for a tour of the restaurant and give you a break, they also have plenty of colouring pages and crayons for kids.Open from 9am-11pm.

I have never been there but I have heard that about Scoozis before as well. Must try and go there next time we are in town. Places like this with a good customer service attitude should be supported.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭sunnyside

The Marks and Spencers cafe, I was in there today and counted 5 buggy's. Definitely baby friendly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭mawk

second hand knowledge, but i was told that there is a cafe down on the quays beyond the north gate on the cinema side that has playpens in which to dump your kids while having your coffee and scones

Advertisement