Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

softmod wii Advice

Options
  • 18-06-2009 8:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭

I softmodded my wii last night and was wondering if anyone knew some good apps to put on it
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

If you haven't installed it already, bootmii is a good way of making your wii brick proof.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 daireb9

Waninkoko's Usb loader, Dvdx, Waninkoko's WAD Manager and MPlayer CE if you don't have them already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭Parser

I softmodded my wii last night and was wondering if anyone knew some good apps to put on it
    Thanks

Out of interest, what did you use to softmod it? Was it easy enough? Much risk of bricking it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭Stylesclash1702

i used a thing called banner bomb very easy to use
    Bricking it im not sure i dont know much about it i just had a guide and took a risk
    sorry im not much help

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 zexstream

Guys, can someone give the link to where I can find the software & Instructions to softmod a wii?

THanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 daireb9

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭Parser

I'm thinking I might softmod my Wii soon. Would anyone be able to answer some of the following questions?

Are softmods detectable by Nintendo and is there a risk that modded consoles may be banned from online in future?

Is BootMii 100% guaranteed to prevent bricking or recover a bricked Wii?

Can you totally "unhack" a Wii, i.e revert it to it's original state if banning of consoles does start to happen?

Apart from playing "backups" of games, is there any worthwhile (quality) apps available for the homebrew channel? Media Center software etc.

Thanks.

Yeah, i think softmods are detectable. I remember reading of people being banned from mario kart online. But do you really play the wii online that much?!

Yes bootmii is solid. It is the very first thing to load when the wii is started and so it allows you to run any code or fix any problems.

Reverting to factory state is kinda awkward but do-able (a lot of things have to be manually uninstalled, they are not just overwritten)

There are homebrews and emulators etc but i've never tried them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 tlavalle

how do I revert back to virgin state on my wii. I need to cause something went wrong and it tends to brick and go to a black screen.

tlavalle wrote: »
    how do I revert back to virgin state on my wii. I need to cause something went wrong and it tends to brick and go to a black screen.

Maybe try to uninstall whatever it is that you installed to cause that problem.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭Azhrei

tlavalle wrote: »

Before doing any homebrew, you should install Bootmii, which you can use to take a backup of your Wii's NAND. You can then use that to restore the Wii to it's state before the mod.

As for what apps, obviously the Homebrew Channel, and the Homebrew Browser.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 FCIRELAND

scummVM and orca which is a cheat application along with geko0s are well worth downloading

http://wiibrew.org/wiki/List_of_homebrew_applications

an excellent resource for wii homebrew

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭gfoster

hey i was wondering is there anyone out there that can softmod my wii or help me.
    i've got the hbc installed and i am trying to install the wad files through wad manager etc but i'm getting error codes -1035 -2011.

i updated my wii to 4.2e

gfoster wrote: »
    hey i was wondering is there anyone out there that can softmod my wii or help me.
    i've got the hbc installed and i am trying to install the wad files through wad manager etc but i'm getting error codes -1035 -2011.

i updated my wii to 4.2e

If you're already on 4.2 then what are you trying to install?!

ok i'm actually getting somewhere after 3 days of this,
    i've got homebrew channel install, usb loader, coverflow, wiigator, neogamma.
    i updated cisocorp 3.5

my main goal was to load iso's from a harddrive and i think i have it sorted.

can anyone tell me if there is a difference between wiigator and neogamma?

i cant seem to get mario galaxy iso to load but some others, any ideas?

and i cant seem to get dvdx to show up on the main screen after i install, any idea?

can anyone tell me if there is a difference between wiigator and neogamma?

i cant seem to get mario galaxy iso to load but some others, any ideas?

and i cant seem to get dvdx to show up on the main screen after i install, any idea?

First of all, this thread is on thin ice so be careful of what you say :eek:

I think neogamma is newer than wiigator so might have better compatibility. Try burning mario galaxy to DVD and load with a backup loader. No ideas about dvdx

Ok thanks. But I thought it was legal to play back ups of your existing games.
    This is the main reason I'm doing this so I don't have to carry DVDs around jus have them all on hard drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Ok thanks. But I thought it was legal to play back ups of your existing games.

You're right, but it appears to be a whisker away from somebody asking how to get downloaded games to work or where to find them, which'll earn bans for all offenders. A simple "be careful" is a nice reminder that the all-seeing moderators are watching *cowers in fear*

Advertisement