Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

breast cancer at 25??

Options
  • 18-06-2009 8:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

i have had a lump in my left breast for the past 4 months (that i've noticed). it is new (ie was not there the last time i did a breast exam which was around christmas), hard-ish, about an inch long, can wiggle it a little but it feels rooted underneath, is not sore. it has not changed over my past three menstrual cycles. my left breast was always a little bigger than the right but over the past year has changed shape and direction and the nipple has also slightly turned in on one side.

also i have an area of red spots that are pin head sized in a different area of the breast since feb. they do not hurt, have not changed and no more have appeared or disappeared since they arrived.

i know i am only 25 and have no history of breast cancer in the family, and so the odds are against me, but everything i have read leads me to believe it is breast cancer. i have an appointment next week for a breast exam, but i would like to get a few opinions and anyone with personal experience of breast cancer.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

No one can give you medical advice, everyone is different and only getting checked out can really tell you what it is or what it isn't.
    I do wish you the best of luck and hopefully it's not as bad as you think

• Registered Users Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

We are not a position to offer medical advice so regrettably I am temporarily closing this thread - please contact me by pm when you have a diagnosis and I will reopen this thread.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement