Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guitar Hero: U2

Options
  • 18-06-2009 9:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭

Is that a possibility do you think? Some of their older stuff would be great for the drums.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,431 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Screw U2, overrated gash with about 3 decent songs. Guitar Hero: My Bloody Valentine is what I want. At least it will have an Irish band worthy of the praise and adoration.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭brendor

We are more likely to see a Simcity/Spore type game where they "relocate" to various countries to avoid paying tax.

Or maybe a Trauma Center type game where you give Bono hair implants.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭niallon

Guitar Hero Bruce Springsteen! Can't wait to see the saxophone peripheral! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Bonavox

I'm a little stunned. The best rhythm action game ever to be linked with the greatest band ever. I'll make a mathematical equation!

U2 + Guitar Hero = THE GREATEST GAME EVER!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,431 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

vflhp wrote: »

I'm a little stunned. The best rhythm action game ever to be linked with the greatest band ever. I'll make a mathematical equation!

U2 + Guitar Hero = THE GREATEST GAME EVER!

U2 are definitely not the greatest band ever. Painfully average.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,154 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

probably should be here

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

U2 are awful, and I spit on the day that Harmonix's taste drops so low. I wouldn't even see Activision stooping that low...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭Ostrom

mbarosin wrote: »
    Is that a possibility do you think?

I f***in hope not

• Registered Users Posts: 10,599 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

I'm not getting hate for The Edge at all in this thread. I think a lot of U2 Boy-The Joshua Tree era tunes would be fun to play actually. Better than some of the tripe on some of the past games (Weezer anyone?)

How about forgetting that Bono is a preachy twat and actually focus on some of their music for a change for the game, eh? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

Guns n' Roses :cool:

About the only post of yours that I found funny, brendansmith.
    I guess miracles do happen!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

ShawnRaven wrote: »
    About the only post of yours that I found funny, brendansmith.
    I guess miracles do happen!

I have yet to find any post of yours anything but obnoxious tbh.

I have yet to find any post of yours anything but obnoxious tbh.

... and i wouldn't have wanted it any other way tbh...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭Ostrom

ShawnRaven wrote: »
    I'm not getting hate for The Edge at all in this thread. I think a lot of U2 Boy-The Joshua Tree era tunes would be fun to play actually. Better than some of the tripe on some of the past games (Weezer anyone?)

How about forgetting that Bono is a preachy twat and actually focus on some of their music for a change for the game, eh? :)

The problem in considering U2 for a guitar hero expansion is that is has much to do with the same reasons guitar hero 3 was (in my opinion) ****e.

Guitar Hero (the first) was excellent because the song selection obviously prioritised the flow of gameplay over the appeal of the songs (although I am sure copyright and promotion had some part to play)

Be that as it may, by the time GH3 came around we were subjected to the repetition of 'cult of personality' and a number of other obvious show-catchers such as Muse, RATM, Smashing pumpkins, tenacious D) none of which suited the pace of the game.

U2, I would imagine, would fit awkwardly within the overall gameplay mechanics (my own prejudice aside for the moment), with little variation in the guitar, and repetivitve bass and vocals. The drums perhaps would redeem it, but the appeal of the drums is more to do with precise repetition I imagine, than successful variation (fills aside).

In this sense, U2 would make a terrible, terrible Guitar Hero

Advertisement