Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tall Computer Workstation - €21.60 (w voucher)/€27 delivered [Littlewoods]

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭aidan_dunne

These seem to be back in stock now. Just ordered one using the xx285 discount code lindtee mentioned and it brought it down from €27 to €22.95. Nice! Cheers for that, lindtee! :D Hope all goes well with the order and I have it within the next couple of weeks. I'll keep you all up to date with the progress of this anyway!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭cronos

Out of stock again LOL

Yep, just seen that myself. Jaysus, do Littlewoods only keep a couple of each item in stock at any given time or what? Their stock levels seem to be terribly low and they always seem to sell out of stuff incredibly quickly.

I just hope this won't affect my order in any way now. The money's already been taken from my card so I presume I was one of the few who managed to get an order in before the stock ran out again. At least, I hope so!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭cronos

Yep, just seen that myself. Jaysus, do Littlewoods only keep a couple of each item in stock at any given time or what? Their stock levels seem to be terribly low and they always seem to sell out of stuff incredibly quickly.

I just hope this won't affect my order in any way now. The money's already been taken from my card so I presume I was one of the few who managed to get an order in before the stock ran out again. At least, I hope so!

When I looked earlier they had 12. I would say they got 15 in total and alot of people had it set up to send them an email when they became available.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭redshoulder

Too late again, only checked my email now and got a email at 5pm saying that they were available.

cronos wrote: »
    When I looked earlier they had 12. I would say they got 15 in total and alot of people had it set up to send them an email when they became available.

Funnily enough, I only got that e-mail from them saying they were available again after I'd ordered it already and, by the time that e-mail arrived, they were already out of stock again. So those who waited until they got that availablity e-mail would have been out of luck even by that stage. I guess I was lucky because I've been checking the Littlewoods website itself a few times a day for the past few days waiting for them to come back into stock and as soon as I saw they had today, I ordered. Waiting to get an e-mail from them is too late and means you'll miss out, it seems, because they get so few of them back in stock each time.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 CathyMelbin

It's available now and just ordered one with the code xx285 Lindtee gave and the price got reduced to 22.95 !!! Thanks a lot, Lindtee..

Cant wait to get it ..

Thanks,
    Cathy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭redshoulder

Seems to be back again, Having problems creating a new account with them.

Hi folks, just thought I'd give a quick update on this. My order is currently showing as "awaiting stock" so it seems to me like they never actually had them in stock at all (or maybe only a couple) but they continued taking orders anyway in advance of getting them back in stock again. The original delivery date I was given of the 14th of this month has now been pushed back to the 19th as a result. Bit of a pain in the arse, it must be said, but it'll arrive eventually, I hope. Gives me more time to do some tidying up and making room for it for when it does arrive, I guess! :D

I'll keep you all up to date on the progress of this anyway.

• Advertisement

Hi All, I had ordered it on 29th July and today I checked the site and it says 'Delivered' with today's date and I havent received it . I called them and they are saying that it's been delivered to their depot in England and it might take another 20 days before it actually gets delivered to me.

How long is that , nearly one and a half months to get a item delivered ??

:(

Cathy, I wouldn't trust the status on the website too much, to be honest. My original delivery date was put back to the 25th of August but was showing as 'delivered' as of the middle of last week. Based on what other people had said here before, I was allowing that by 'delivered' they meant it was delivered to the Irish depot as I certainly hadn't seen it! :D I got a phone call last Monday from the courier company who said it would be delivered on Tuesday and, sure enough, it was delivered just before 1 p.m. on Tuesday last. So I reckon you should have it a lot sooner than what you've been told, maybe within the next week perhaps if the delivery time for me is anything to go by.

As for the workstation itself, I'm actually quite impressed with it and the build quality of it, considering the low price. I put it together in a couple of hours (the last bit where you have to attach the hutch/CD tower bit to the main desktop and then attaching that whole unit to the bottom part was a bit of a pain in the arse and could have done with a second pair of hands) and, while I used a bit of wood glue to keep the dowels in place, I found that when I started screwing it together it didn't really need any extra glue to hold it together, the screws were plenty big enough to pull it all tight together.

Size-wise, I've a 22" widescreen monitor and it fits into the hutch with speakers on both sides no bother and with room to spare, so it would take a 24" monitor easily too, I'd say. The space for the tower was just about big enough for mine (I've got about a centimetre or so of clearance to spare at the top) and it was plenty deep enough. I had planned on putting the subwoofer for my speakers (Logitech X210) in the space above the tower but, unfortunately, it's about half a centimetre too short! Raging over that (I suppose I could always Dremel a bit off the legs on the sub if I wanted to! :D Or just lay it down on it's side, maybe) but I put it on the shelf at the top of the hutch instead. The shelf for a printer is plenty big as well (I have an old HP Deskjet 920 printer at the moment), I'm planning on getting an all-in-one printer/scanner job shortly anyway and I measured it and it should fit most HP or Epson all-in-ones fine. As for legroom, I'm about 5'10" and I haven't had any problems at all.

Overall, I'm very, very happy with this and especially so considering the price. I don't think it's available on the Littlewoods site at all anymore (probably completely sold out or now discontinued) but, if it does come back into stock, I wouldn't hesitate in recommending it to anyone.

Thanks a lot , for the info. Aidan. I too felt that it was a great bargain. Only the wait ,kind of, put me off..Anyways , hope that I get it soon. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,558 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

only saw this deal now.seems to have expired getting an error page.does anyonr think there would be any chance of littlewoods having it again?

Advertisement