Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Éigse

Options
  • 18-06-2009 9:39pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭

As a matter of interest have you been to any Éigse events?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,895 ✭✭✭patrickc

seen some about on street stuff like, going to a gig sat night, my mates playing in it

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭tombull82

Been to the French Market but that doesn't count I'm sure. Although the Canadian performer was doing his juggling act there so does this count maybe??:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

I was at the exhibitions up in the Shamrock Plaza, with particular interest in the chairs, some of them are damn nice!! Some nice sculpture, artwork and photography on display there too.

I went to the emerging writers readings in Lautrecs restaurant on Tuesday night, that was pretty good, the place was jammers!!

If I'm free tomorrow evening (if, probably not) I'll go to the Friday concert and reading in St Mary's. The 'Night time projection' on Carlow castle sounds interesting too (Fri & Sat night).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭iamhunted

my son was playing at the thing in fairgreen last sunday - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8cPaFrh_p4&feature=channel ... not bad for a bunch of 15/16 year olds

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭lotdpd

sound like a good band, well impressed with them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

iamhunted wrote: »
    my son was playing at the thing in fairgreen last sunday - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8cPaFrh_p4&feature=channel ... not bad for a bunch of 15/16 year olds

Jaysis far play to them. I actually play that song myself. I love the bass line.
    Which one is your son?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭iamhunted

the bassplayer. that band is called Cardiac Attack. he's also in a band that just does originals and no covers called the Louis Walsh Assassination Project - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTMojOhJQX4&feature=channel ... i prefer LWAP - prog rock from 15 year olds .. ye cant beat it.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 hughj

iamhunted wrote: »
    Fair play to them good to see young bands from Carlow being promoted, One of the things I kept saying during the election (I didnt get elected so this is not self promotion) was that young bands in Carlow should be supported more by the county,I know a lot of guys in bands and im a drummer myself so I hope that they get more support like this.

I heard that band before they have a great future if they stick at it

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Git101

I went to see The Brother starring Eamon Morrissey at the Town Hall last night.
    I should have stayed home and watched the telly.
    It was total sh1te.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

Is there anymore live music on over the weekend?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,895 ✭✭✭patrickc

ShayK1 wrote: »
    Is there anymore live music on over the weekend?

theres sessions around town mainly trad ones, a mate of mine is doing the oilean pipes in teach today with others, and theres a lad giving guitar lessons in the i.t, apparently one of the best in the country and anyone can go watch them

edit here is a list of todays events http://www.eigsecarlow.ie/programme/day/20090620

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

the "lad giving guitar lessons" is Steve Cooney, who worked for a long time with Séamus Begley, amazing man.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭rua1972

I went to the Saw Doctors thursdaynight, first time i saw them play live. I really enjoyed them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Just back from the night time projection at Carlow Castle. The short clip '9.8m per Second', wasnt great, neither was the 'face dances' to be honest, it went a little too long, so much so that people started leaving! (I guess the cold wasnt helping either!).

What was interesting though was the use of the castle was as a large cinema screen! The picture was perfectly fitted on the wall between the two towers and the image was pretty good given that it wasnt black dark out! You could show movies on the castle walls and charge people! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭jack of all

Great music! I checked out the exhibitions in the Shamrock Plaza and loved the chairs and dog sculptures!

Advertisement