Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New driving licence needed - where to get

• 18-06-2009 9:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I know i need to complete a form in the Garda station etc etc, but if i bring the completed form to the motox tax office, is it likely ill get the licence there and then ? I urgently need it for this weekend.
    Does anyone know how long replacements take, or even if they can be done on the spot ?

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 286 ✭✭eyesofvenus

No you wont get it there and then. You will however be given a slip which will indicate that you are in receipt of one. So just keep that in he car with you and another form of photo ID and you should be ok

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,012 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

No you wont get it there and then
    Some MTOs have a same day over the counter service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭pvt.joker

No you wont get it there and then. You will however be given a slip which will indicate that you are in receipt of one. So just keep that in he car with you and another form of photo ID and you should be ok

thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭pvt.joker

you don't happen to know which ones do this service?
    thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 286 ✭✭eyesofvenus

Looks like i haven't been fortunate enough to frequent one of them :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭peanuthead

pvt.joker wrote: »
    Hi,

I know i need to complete a form in the Garda station etc etc, but if i bring the completed form to the motox tax office, is it likely ill get the licence there and then ? I urgently need it for this weekend.
    Does anyone know how long replacements take, or even if they can be done on the spot ?

thanks

It doesnt take that long at all, unless you have endorsements or anything like that, then it will obviously take a bit longer.

You know, I always keep mine in the same place, and the other day I went to get it and it was gone. Its a pocket in my handbag (Ive since gotten the lecture about taking it out of the car, dont need it again thanks!!)
    I wonder did it fall out or did I move it somewhere and can't remember.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭peanuthead

OP can I please be so rude as to ask why you desperately need it so soon?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 468 ✭✭blossom180

friend of mine got it in 2 hours in rathfarnham,explained he goin on hols and had no problem

Advertisement