Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

know how long the drive from Rathmines village to Newlands Cross?

Options
  • 18-06-2009 9:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭

Anyone know how long the drive from Rathmines village to Newlands Cross would be in the morning and evening?

If i had to be in work for 9.30, how long would the drive in be?
    And then back out to Rathmines in the afternoon?

I presume down by the canal then up the naas road would be the quickest?

Thinking of renting a place down there, wanna judge the trek to and from work!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,418 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Either the canal or "cross country" through Kimmage to Crumlin Road and then Crumlin Road - Longmile Road - Naas Road. I imagine the hardest bit would be getting to the canal.

Via Terenure is an alternative, especially if you live in the upper part of Rathmines.

Its about 8.5km, so a 2 hour walk or a half hour cycle, not sure about a car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭Lamps

Will be driving. Im thinking around 45mins as along the canal is sure to be chocka.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Lamps wrote: »
    Anyone know how long the drive from Rathmines village to Newlands Cross would be in the morning and evening?

If i had to be in work for 9.30, how long would the drive in be?
    And then back out to Rathmines in the afternoon?

I presume down by the canal then up the naas road would be the quickest?

Thinking of renting a place down there, wanna judge the trek to and from work!

I've recently been driving from Rathmines (near Dartry Rd) to Naas for work via Newland's Cross. Leaving the house around 8.00 to 8.15 and it takes me 45 mins. I go via Terenure and Walkinstown. So I'd say that the max to Newland's cross would be about 25 mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭sneem-man

You'll be going against the traffic,20-30 min at the most

Advertisement