Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mercedes B Class - expensive to own? Looking for advice

• 18-06-2009 10:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭

I'm looking to trade in my 99 Yaris and get a newer car. I really like the B Class, 2006 1.5 petrol, not too big or long which suits my crap parking abilities, looks like a nice comfortable car with a good spec and engine isn't too big etc.

From the little research I've done in the past few days I've been told a basic service would cost in the region of €200 from a Mercedes dealer or €130 from someone else.
    My husband (who doesn't really know much about cars) says that's very expensive and he can get his Almera serviced for as little as €50. He also says parts for the B Class would be very expensive if anything should go wrong with it as it's not a very common car.

I suppose I'd have my own concerns about reliability with the Merc brand too. Reliability is extremely important to me so I know I might better off going with a Japanese brand

What he says makes sense. I do really like the car but I don't want to get stung for the next 5 yrs with really expensive servicing, parts etc

Would you agree with what my husband says about Mercs?
    Anyone have a B Class and how do you find it?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

I drove one before. It was the worst thing I've ever driven. The steering was like Clarkson described it like a pot of yoghurt instead of any real connection, there was no feel for the road, or any involvement whatsoever for the driver. A class was better by far and that was no great shakes.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 40,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭Mary28

Not the response I was hoping for but thanks, you're helping me make my decision. I'm not looking for amazing handling or anything, my criteria are space - for baby, comfort, decent spec - I want air con, reliability and not too expensive running costs, I don't want bigger than 1.5/1.6 petrol engine and I'm not necessarily looking for an mpv.
    The Mazda 3 1.6 touring is starting to look good to me now but a saloon sized car scares me for parking. A ridiculous thought for most of you probably but I'm used to a Yaris and can only drive into spaces even in that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 301 ✭✭eorpach

Drove a B150 for over two years. Great car. Not sure where the "pot of youghurt" comment comes from - it drove fine for me (I had an automatic) and didn't give me any trouble the whole time I drove it.

Also not sure where your husband reached the conclusion that they're rare cars - I was one of the first to have one and by the time I changed I was spotting them everywhere in Dublin (granted, you tend to notice your own car more).

Now driving Nissan Qashqai (designed in Europe, but still Japanese). Consider the B150 to be superior engine and interior-wise. Much preferred the driving experience of the B150 - in fact I'm currently planning on going back to the B150 when I change next.

Everybody will tell you the negatives when you look for advice on a big purchase - my best advice is to go for a test drive - that should help you make up your mind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,809 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

I know someone who bought a new one in ...07? I'll email her tomorrow and ask her.

Oh, and 200 isn't bad for a service. I'd like to see what a Eur 50 one looks like, tbh..........!!

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,338 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

OP may I ask why you are drawn to the B Class?

The reason I ask is that alot of people get blinkered with the 3 pointed star badge but imo for similar money you can buy similar cars from main stream manufacturers that will do the job alot better.

eorpach wrote: »
    Now driving Nissan Qashqai (designed in Europe, but still Japanese). Consider the B150 to be superior engine and interior-wise. Much preferred the driving experience of the B150 - in fact I'm currently planning on going back to the B150 when I change next.

Not to get side tracked but the Qashqai is not just designed in Europe they are also built there (UK), share the platform and engines with the Renault Megane and Nissan's parent company is Renault. Don't

Actually OP the Qashqai is a good alternative imo than the B Class for what you need. High driving position and probably more practical. 1.5 litre dCi diesel is also very economical.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 893 ✭✭✭joey54

A friend drives a B-Class. Personally I think its a brilliant car. It is extremely comfortable and comes with a decent spec. It's not a massive car yet you feel very solid when in it. If you go from the yaris to the B-Class I can guarantee that you wont be disappointed.

Your husband is right when it comes to parts though, mercs are not cheap to maintain and repair. I think this comes through in the overall build quality of the car and is well worth the extra few quid.

Take one for a test drive and see what you think. Happy hunting!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

The three pointed star isnt really reliable as they used to be, for reliability and space i'd be looking at the toyota corolla verso.

I did like the qashqai and it gets brilliant reviews. Would a 1.5 diesel have much go in it? I'm always being told you need at least 1.8/9 for a diesel motor.

And I am definitely attracted to the stars/hype of the Mercedes brand. What I like about it is I think it has a bigger boot and is more spacious than the qashqai. It seems more solid and the interior has a higher quality finish.
    I like that the engine is just 1.5 and won't cost me a fortune in car tax.

I'm planning on more kids and think a B Class might keep me going for a good 5 or so years before changing car again. If my husband had bought a decent family car last year instead of the hb Almera I probably wouldn't be spending this much tbh. He wants me to get an A3 or a Corolla. I love my Yaris so much I'd like to get another Toyota but I'd like something cushtier than a Corolla but not as big as the versos or Avensis.
    The Honda FRV is a bit big for my liking and it's 1.7 engine is more than I want too. Same for Mazda 5.

Now I haven't been in a Qashqai but my husbands Almera kinda turned me off Nissan's, the finish seems so cheap in comparison to my Yaris. It's a really uncomfortable car and I feel travel sick in it often, although that could be his driving.

My instinct says to go with a Japanese car, reliability is my biggest criteria I guess.
    My biggest fear is that something would go wrong with the B Class, cost me a small fortune and my husband would say "I told you so".

I'm liking the positive feedback on the B Class. I have such a hard time making my mind up it, so easily swayed. I'm going to see one tomorrow but I'll be on my own and I know shag all about buying cars. I'll see how much he'll give me for the Yaris too before making a decision anyway and I'll bring someone with me for a second inspection if I like it.

Sorry I feel like I'm going on and on here.
    Appreciate the responses - thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,595 ✭✭✭kingshankly

My misses has a 1.5d quasqai and it's lovely inside has all the extras of the day but it is a bit weak IMO but saying that she loves it

Mary28 wrote: »
    I'm going to see one tomorrow but I'll be on my own and I know shag all about buying cars. I'll see how much he'll give me for the Yaris too before making a decision anyway and I'll bring someone with me for a second inspection if I like it.

Sorry I feel like I'm going on and on here.
    Appreciate the responses - thanks.

Just don't jump into making a decision on it today. Maybe you could get your husband or somebody to come along with you another day. You'll feel better making your decision if you know someone you trust has also seen the car. You won't feel as if your taking a huge gamble!

And your not going on and on, I know how you feel trying to change car! Let us know how you get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Robertr

My wife has one and loves it. Her's is a B170 so has a bit more power.

Its for sale at the moment though as I can't sell my Passat and we need to get rid of one of them: http://adverts.ie/112421

Let me know if your interested!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Stevie Dakota

Robert, you will struggle to sell that car without pics of actual car. Stock images a real turn off for a prospective buyer. If you want people to part with a huge chunk of change you need to advertise it better.

Hi Robert, the spec sounds great in your car but that's way more than I have to spend unfortunately.

I had a look at a 2006 B Class today with 22K miles on it, Price advertised is 14950. They said they'd take 13200 along with my yaris, so that's giving me 1750 for the Yaris. 6 mth warranty.
    I took it for a very quick drive - bit nervous on my own driving a car I don't own. It looks and feels brilliant to me but what do I know.

So I actually think it's well priced to start with, I'm not too disappointed with what they are offering for the Yaris ('99 with 77K miles) but I'd still prefer to be spending in the region of 12000 along with the Yaris rather than 1300. Maybe I'm hoping for the unrealistic with that?

I'm not happy at all about the 6 mth warranty. Especially given my biggest worry about the Merc is it's reliability (I can almost hear you all going "then go for a bloody Jap car you tool"). I think if I'm buying from a dealer and they have confidence in the car they should be offering 12 mths warranty.

I just admitted to the husband that I went to see the car today and he's off on the it'll cost you a fortune for servicing etc again and telling me not to get it.

So for those of you who've owned one:

1. how much extra does servicing cost?
    2. Did you find it reliable?
    3. If anything did go wrong how much more will it cost to fix (parts, lights etc) than say a Toyota? Are we talking 30% more or is it even higher?
    4. Will new tyres cost more than normal?

He's arguing that I'll never see my money back but sure I'll never see my money back no matter what car I buy. I plan to keep it for at least 5 yrs and probaby put 50-60K miles on it.

I wish it was the exact same car, everything about it the same including the price and just the brand was Toyota instead of Mercedes. Then I'd have no hesitation getting it.

Is it possible to haggle for a 12 mth warranty do you think?

Mary28 wrote: »

I haven't owned one but..

1. how much extra does servicing cost?
    Phone a Merc indy, say you have a B-class due a service and get menu prices for the big service and small service, I doubt they will be prohibitive.

2. Did you find it reliable?
    Check whatcar? and JDPower for owner reviews and reliability rating

3. If anything did go wrong how much more will it cost to fix (parts, lights etc) than say a Toyota? Are we talking 30% more or is it even higher?
    I think it is safe to assume parts will be more expensive, but a good Indy will use OEM parts from other source than Mercedes

4. Will new tyres cost more than normal?
    No, more than your Yaris but not by much.

You obviously like the car, it suits your needs and will be streets ahead of the Yaris. The price is not bad either and you have a 6 month warranty. If you can safely afford it I would say go for it.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Another option you might consider is the Ford Focus C-Max.. a friend of mine has one and I was very surprised when I took it for a drive a while back. Granted its descibed as a small MPV but doesnt feel like one when driving it. Also has a decent boot and 1.6 diesel engine is very economical. Nothing close to the price of a Merc and servicing wouldnt cost the earth with it being a Ford.

Lots on carzone for between the €12.5k to €16k mark.

Tox

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 286 ✭✭eyesofvenus

http://www.cbg.ie/Car_Detail.aspx?ID=3224380

That ones just shy of 12k, and im sure you could try getting another €1500 off with the yaris

I like your husband drive an almera but I like it, it suits me(big step up from my previous car,a corsa!!)
    So yeah, different strokes for different folks and all that, your husband chose the car he wanted so you choose your's!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,309 ✭✭✭VolvoMan

It's not that they are expensive to run that you should be avoiding one, it's just that they are a rip-off in general for what you get. And all you're getting really is the three pointed star on the front, it has to be said.

The car itself is pointless. It's barely any more spacious than an A-Class, yet is bigger outside than one. The engine range isn't anything to write home about and, as stated above, the handling is rubbish.

If that all doesn't sound too bad to you by all means go ahead and buy one. But you are far better off with the likes of a Qashqai or any other versatile family vehicle.

And by the way, that deal you are being offered isn't really that great. You'd be better off buying straight for cash and selling your Yaris privately, which you will most likely have no bother doing.

• Advertisement

VolvoMan wrote: »
    If that all doesn't sound too bad to you by all means go ahead and buy one. But you are far better off with the likes of a Qashqai or any other versatile family vehicle.
    Cheapest qashqai on www.cbg.ie is 17k...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,309 ✭✭✭VolvoMan

Cheapest qashqai on www.cbg.ie is 17k...

Well I wasn't saying the Qashqai in isolation to be honest. I was recommending to take a look at the likes of the Focus C-Max, etc.

I rented a 1.6 C max, didn't get it at all, no more useful than a Focus, B Class has a far nicer interior and better build quality. I doubt anyone buying one of those cars would look at the other.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,544 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Buy it. Get your day to day servicing done in local garage. Every bit as good as using dealer. It wont cost a fortune to run. Small engine, tyres arent overly big so no extra cost there.
    As for the 50 euro almera service, if hubby does it himself and uses cheapish oil, yes a basic oil and filter & air filter could be done but certainly not paying someone to do it.
    More realistic figures would be €100 for almera versus €130 for b class

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭roadrunner 1

sorry to be the one to burst the bubble here but why on earth are you wanting a merc for while himself has a nissan? by the fact of himself being concerned at the servicing costs just maybe he is telling you that as a family you can not afford it

you need to take the pressure off him and live within your means forget the merc

no offence intended

sorry to be the one to burst the bubble here but why on earth are you wanting a merc for while himself has a nissan? by the fact of himself being concerned at the servicing costs just maybe he is telling you that as a family you can not afford it

you need to take the pressure off him and live within your means forget the merc

no offence intended
    You shouldn't assume that money is an issue.
    Although i can also see why he would be annoyed, cant see why the almera wont do as the family car, they are spacious enough and quite economical, same size petrol engine as the merc...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

no offence intended

But it's a relatively cheap merc...not as if it's an S600...

no offence intended

Thats a crazy response. There are so many assumptions there. You assume the man should have the big saloon while the little wife has a corsa or something. You assume that he is in control of the finances and the wife wouldnt know whether she could afford the car or not.
    It makes sense for her to have the better car as it seems she is carrying the kids around. Its a reasonable car to be looking at and a sensible enough purchase I would say. I wouldnt refer to it as a merc in the traditional sense (big, expensive, luxurious)either as it is aimed at being a family car for younger families

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

mickdw wrote: »
    Thats a crazy response. There are so many assumptions there. You assume the man should have the big saloon while the little wife has a corsa or something. You assume that he is in control of the finances and the wife wouldnt know whether she could afford the car or not.
    It makes sense for her to have the better car as it seems she is carrying the kids around.

You go girl:p

• Advertisement

If there's anything I've learnt over the last few months it's that you have to enjoy life and live it the way you want.

You are quite obviously taken with the Merc, the only thing holding you back is the doubt about service costs. If I were you I'd get it. If something major goes wrong ( which I doubt it will) it happens, sure it could happen to any car you buy. The fact that its a merc doesn't make this more likely to happen!

If its within your budget then go with it and enjoy!

It makes sense for her to have the better car as it seems she is carrying the kids around. Its a reasonable car to be looking at and a sensible enough purchase I would say. I wouldnt refer to it as a merc in the traditional sense (big, expensive, luxurious)either as it is aimed at being a family car for younger families

like you have made no assumptions there at all!!!! look around you we are living in a world full of want and cant afford it really. I am mearly pointing out that if if the car was on the cards then why would himself be so concerned about the servicing cost to me this would indicate that he was concerned over the monetry side. My comments were not to be taken in a offencive way i was not even thinking about the kids maybe they travel all the time via nissan who knows and if buying a merc is for there safety and not for status, does this mean dad cant take them out in the nissan anymore to watch a match or have a burger?

We keep our money separate so it's my money I'm buying the car with. My husband bought the Almera without even looking at it. He needed a car quickly for work and his dad said it was decent, he agreed to get it and first time he saw it was when he picked it up. He regrets it and wants me to buy it off him now so he can buy something better but tough titty. He doesn't think it's a bad car though but considering the mileage he does he should have got a diesel. Maybe it's partly cos he keeps it like a pig stye that I hate being in it but I often feel travel sick in it too. When I flip up the sun visor thing the roof vibrates, the mirror on it also aims at the space between the headrest so I need to lean way over if I want to see myself in it. I'll probably get moans for even mentioning that but it's a silly oversight. It's '05 and it doesn't even have Isofix. My 99 Yaris has Isofix!

My husbands problem with the car is not the price it's the brand, it's my problem too, it's why I posted here in the first place, looking for reassurance on the brand.

OK, I'm going to check out Stevie Dakota's suggestions and check once again for other alternatives. It's still a contender but I'll do some more looking around and maybe take a test drive in a qashqai too.

Sounds like OH may be a wee bit jealous as he would probably like a new car himself! I reckon when you do change car you'll find he'll want to "borrow" it a lot more than he did the yaris! Hope all works out for you.

Mary fair play to you. and i did chuckle about the husband trying to sell you the nissan ha ha. Mary in all seriousness now when buying a mercedes, bmw, jaguar or any other pedigree brand in fairness the serviceing would not be an issue you know it will be expensive and very. the reason for this is if you do buy a merc you will obviously be wanting a mercedes service history with it any thing less is not good enough. so you know that you too will have to keep your merc with a fully upto date mercedes service and parts. Now there is the stinger, if the service is 200e and you need some parts they will also be of a high caliber namely BOSCH. you can buy cheaper patten parts such as lucas but then you will no longer have a mercedes but a cheap replica. This is what i was getting at you see i was not trying to be insulting to you it is like i said when buying a pedigree you illiminate back street garages and cheap parts and then get the cheque book on standby. if it is of any consolation all of my experiances with mercs have been good but only because they have been kept original. i have also checked some of the labour costs from b/s garages and main dealers and surpisingly the hourly rate is not that alarmingly differant and to be honest they should be. finally, taking it to a non trained merc mechanic could prove more expensive as you will be paying him/her to train on your car.... besides in reality when you come to sell it it will proberbly be over in england and they will insist on dealer servicing. also beware of those claiming to be merc trained... it would be a company you dont leave if ye know what i mean

good luck with your decission

Mary have you had a look at "www.benzworld.org" or type "mercedes b class problems" into google. maybe that will help you with your decission its not so bad

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭biggus

Go ahead Mary and get the Merc... you seem to know your cars better than a lot around here.
    The merc is inherently better designed and safer than comparable mass market cars.

Also its nice to have something thats not run of the mill.

Aftermarket servicing is easily obtainable and should keep the servicing cost down. Merc [parts are actually quite cheap) and i can recommend a competent non main dealer merc Mechanic(not back street). Pm me for details

The people who have actual experience of these models here in this forum were happy with the B class unlike the heresay merchants

Good Luck

Mary fair play to you. and i did chuckle about the husband trying to sell you the nissan ha ha. Mary in all seriousness now when buying a mercedes, bmw, jaguar or any other pedigree brand in fairness the serviceing would not be an issue you know it will be expensive and very. the reason for this is if you do buy a merc you will obviously be wanting a mercedes service history with it any thing less is not good enough. so you know that you too will have to keep your merc with a fully upto date mercedes service and parts. Now there is the stinger, if the service is 200e and you need some parts they will also be of a high caliber namely BOSCH. you can buy cheaper patten parts such as lucas but then you will no longer have a mercedes but a cheap replica. This is what i was getting at you see i was not trying to be insulting to you it is like i said when buying a pedigree you illiminate back street garages and cheap parts and then get the cheque book on standby. if it is of any consolation all of my experiances with mercs have been good but only because they have been kept original. i have also checked some of the labour costs from b/s garages and main dealers and surpisingly the hourly rate is not that alarmingly differant and to be honest they should be. finally, taking it to a non trained merc mechanic could prove more expensive as you will be paying him/her to train on your car.... besides in reality when you come to sell it it will proberbly be over in england and they will insist on dealer servicing. also beware of those claiming to be merc trained... it would be a company you dont leave if ye know what i mean

good luck with your decission

In relation to service history, Ive bought and sold premium cars where the history was main dealer for a couple of years and then independant for the rest. If I see a load of receipts for service parts and a garage receipt, I am completely happy and imo this is every bit as good as a main dealer stamp without receipts. Servicing would not be a problem. Genuine (by genuine I mean original equipment parts bought through a motor factors) parts must to used for any service or additional works. If you were to buy everything at dealer, it would get expensive as it would for any manufacturer but using motor factors who will sell you the same part made in the same factory as the one sold by mercedes, it just wont be in a mercedes box will mean ownership shouldnt get out of hand.

The closest rivial I could find to the B Class is probably the Qashqai.

Here are the Euro NCAP results of both cars:

http://www.euroncap.com/tests/mercedes_benz_b_class_2006/266.aspx

http://www.euroncap.com/tests/nissan_qashqai_2007/290.aspx

The Qashqai does marginally better than the B Class especially for child occupant safety, so saying that the Merc is inherantly safer and better designed simply isn't the case.

Iirc the original A Class had to be recalled because it's high centre of gravity caused it to flip over on it's side during a test so just because a company like MB makes it doesn't automatically mean it is superior to main stream competitors.

imo, its certainly a nicer place to be than a qashqai.
    This woman wants the B Class, its a reasonable family car. There should be nothing scary about owning or running it.
    If it was an S Class, well yes, repairs could get scary but a B Class should provide reasonable cost family motoring.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,088 ✭✭✭sean1141

also think about kia and the likes of them. you might be just about able to afford a brand new one as these cars are not near as expencive as mercedes etc but will have the same spec like air con and all electrics. i dont no much about them but might be worth looking into...

• Advertisement

In relation to service history, Ive bought and sold premium cars where the history was main dealer for a couple of years and then independant for the rest. If I see a load of receipts for service parts and a garage receipt, I am completely happy and imo this is every bit as good as a main dealer stamp without receipts. Servicing would not be a problem. Genuine (by genuine I mean original equipment parts bought through a motor factors) parts must to used for any service or additional works. If you were to buy everything at dealer, it would get expensive as it would for any manufacturer but using motor factors who will sell you the same part made in the same factory as the one sold by mercedes, it just wont be in a mercedes box will mean ownership shouldnt get out of hand.

you know it has to be said i know nothing professionally about cars, i am in all a lorry driver and please all do not forget that and do not be thinking i am giving professional advice.... i am not. if my comments have offended anyone then i apologise but isnt it good that everyone has an opinion??? i have only spoken throu my own experiances and thoughts.

now this guy i am quoting has hit a nerve with me as you all know i am a lorry driver and at some point in my career cant say when obviously i was doing long distance inclusive of uk. now then there is a town in northamptonshire called burton latimer and in this town is a company that no one will know called wheatabix!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! as i said no one would have ever have heard of them any way they by all reconning are quite a big company and brand name....... but out of the same factory comes supervalue lidl aldi wheat bix same ingrediants i assume differant packaging........ food for thought. are we not all sick and tired of being ripped off

lads i am going to back on out now respect to ye all especially you mickdw

I suppose it depends how important soft touch plastics are to you when buying a car. Personally I never found anything to write home about in cars aimed at the masses built by premium marques. They are ususally built to a budget to attract people to the brand who normally could not afford one.

If the OP wants one then buy one for the right reasons, not just because it's a premium marque though.

bazz26 wrote: »
    I suppose it depends how important soft touch plastics are to you when buying a car. Personally I never found anything to write home about in cars aimed at the masses built by premium marques. They are ususally built to a budget to attract people to the brand who normally could not afford one.

If the OP wants one then buy one for the right reasons, not just because it's a premium marque though.

Yes id agree. An example would be new C Class, I dont think that has great materials inside. Having said that it would be ahead of alot of cars as would the B Class be ahead of many of it rivals

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 johnwise

save your money and buy either a corrolla verso or a nissan quaquai.....a merc b class is just a badge and is only for people who cannot afford a proper merc but would like people to think they can...stay well away.

johnwise wrote: »
    save your money and buy either a corrolla verso or a nissan quaquai.....a merc b class is just a badge and is only for people who cannot afford a proper merc but would like people to think they can...stay well away.

To say people who drive a B-class can't afford a "proper" merc is a bit presumptuous. The two people I know who have the car have no shortage of money, they simply liked the car.

Have been in the Corrolla verso andI personally wouldn't be mad on it. The quasquai and b-classs have much nicer interiors.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭biggus

Nice 2nd post johnwise ... good to see we have a fully qualified car reveiwer on board that can tell the ladies what they ought to do.

Advertisement