Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

samsung tocco

• 18-06-2009 10:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭

Hi just wondering does anybody know how to turn off the key noise that the samsung tocco makes when ya press on anything??

and also is there predictive text on it aswel??

Thank you
    xx

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

flynnser19 wrote: »
    Hi just wondering does anybody know how to turn off the key noise that the samsung tocco makes when ya press on anything??

The button on the top left?

flynnser19 wrote: »
    and also is there predictive text on it aswel??

Thank you
    xx

Touch Abc to select T9 mode(predictive text), ABC mode, or Number mode, or change case

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭flynnser19

youre a star thanks only got it today :D

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭JayeL

OP, I don't mean to pee on your cornflakes but keep a hold of your receipt. If you have a 14-day return with the crowd who sold it to you, you might be tempted to take them up on it.

I got one in March and while I've had a lot of phones, this one was impossible to live with. It's got a nonsensical way of doing things, the menus make no sense and it can't multi-task on the simplest operations. The standard browser is awful and the touch-screen interface should really involve a stylus rather than expecting the user to use their index fingernail half the time.

On top of that, the radio won't allow presets unless they're in order of their frequencies (?), using any type of touch-tone menu without a headset was a comically-impossible task and the very thought of wearing the standard earphones makes my ears feel sick. The microphone was substandard and the speaker was weedy.

I've gone back to my "lower-spec" Sony Ericsson W595 and it's so much better at just about everything.

(apols for mild hi-jacking of your post but it had to be said!)

Advertisement