Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

restoring wii

• 18-06-2009 10:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 37

hi is it possible restore my wii to factory, i have a modchip but have it softmodded also, 3.3e with hbc and bootmii, but i want everything wiped,
    if i just update will this "clean" my system

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

No, updating will only update the system menu, you will still have custom ios modules installed and custom channels etc. You should uninstall anything that you have installed via a wad manager (uninstall homebrew channel, uninstall custom ios and channels etc). You would have to uninstall bootmii also.

There is an option in the wii menu to clear everything from the wii, but I'm not sure if that alone will get rid of everything

But it could be risky removing all of this! Do you really need to do it? Are you trying to sell it or send it back to nintendo?

Advertisement