Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Left 4 Dead Online Issues?

• 18-06-2009 10:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭

Howdy
    Anyone noticing any problems with L4D on Live in the last few days? I seem to get constantly disconnected after maybe just one run on Versus and also on a regular basis get spawned into a session where I'm just observing for the entire duration. Most annoying...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39 irlpotato

I get this problem with L4D in fits and starts. Some nights fine, sometimes I'll play one life and then get disconnected.

The spawning-as-a-spectator doesn't happen particularly often, but yeah, it has happened occasionally.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭niallon

Well at least I know it's not my ****ty Eircom connection so! Cheers

this was with a digiweb connection. Last had problems 2 days before live went down for maintenance.. its been alright since..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Haven't had any issues, haven't heard of any issues from the people I play with (they play most nights). Generally don't go into random sessions though, set up a lobby and everyone stays the duration.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

The game is terrible on xbox.
    PC is how it was meant to be played.
    I played it for half and hour on the xbox.

Trying to find a server was a nightmare,
    Pings all over the place
    First map...2 of my team and shot me and my friend until we died , then left.
    Second map, people afk
    By 10 mins in I was dying to have a keyboard to type stuff to them.

PC > xbox for L4D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

I assume that people are forced into spectator mode when you lose the race into a game where there was only one free slot but 2 or more players tried to join at the same time. Doesn't really bother me as I can just quit out and join another game. I do get some ridiculously bad connections to American hosted games though. In other games (like CoD), American hosted games play fine, but I'm lucky to get two bar of signal strength when playing L4D!

having these issues right now. join, play a life or two, then disconnect.. anyone else have this tonight?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Whatever you do, do not all go idle for more than a minute or two! Two friends and myself are going through all the campaigns on expert we have 2 down and 2 to go dead air and no mercy!

Got to the finale of dead air and decided to take a little break and look up some tips on youtube! Came back to the game and were all disconnected for being idle wasted like 4 hours :mad:

playing on xbox and have no problems.. just play with your friends in Ireland and not random games.

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

Advertisement