Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Harmonica

• 18-06-2009 10:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 278 ✭✭

hi

always really liked this instrument but know nothing about it!

is it a dear instrument+is it very hard to learn how to play songs on it?

thanks in advance

Comments

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

In terms of expense, its pretty cheap as instruments go!

I learned to play and bend within a couple of weeks, its really not that hard to get to grips with but mastering it is, like all worthy endeavours, tougher. You can certainly be playing stuff in a short space of time.

Come back when you are trying to learn bending and I'll give you what advice I can. Once you have that down, its just practise and more practise :)

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 DublinBhoyJoe

hi

always really liked this instrument but know nothing about it!

is it a dear instrument+is it very hard to learn how to play songs on it?

thanks in advance

Hi

It really depends on what you want to play, I played a bit of blues a few years back, Now I just mess around with a few ballads.

It you are thinking about playing the blues I would start off with a Hohner special 20 in C (€30.00). There is planty of books anD sites out there.

If it is just ballads or straight harmonica i would go for a Hohner Chromatic is C (€80.00), It has all the notes of the piano.

I have a few videos on youtube,

http://www.youtube.com/user/BalladMan64

Advertisement