Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A Sick Pisstake

Options
  • 18-06-2009 10:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭

WindSock wrote: »
    Ah feck it. I probably would have done the same if he was wreckin my buzz.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=60767567&postcount=3

And by a mod too :rolleyes:

Where does he/she mod btw? It's not stated under their username, a bit confusing tbh

Even AH regulars know when a topic is a serious one ffs

I did report the post btw, but I see no harm in letting others see the muppetry that some MODS show at times

Bloody horrible imo, it made my blood boil
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭whatduck

No offence but did this really need a feedback thread? You reported the post, let the mods deal with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

whatduck wrote: »
    No offence but did this really need a feedback thread? You reported the post, let the mods deal with it.

imho it did need a feedback thread, because it crosses to another issue that was raised today

one of the issues raised there was that people didn't know where mods modded. And his/her profile does not state that either

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

From looking at the wording of the post, and from seeing that it's AH, I would give the benefit of the doubt to Windsock.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

a mod is only a mod in their forum outside of that forum they are regular users.

regardless of this fact, what makes you think windsock is a mod? her profile doesnt saying about being a mod

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

She used to be, no?

• Advertisement

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    From looking at the wording of the post, and from seeing that it's AH, I would give the benefit of the doubt to Windsock.

You're assuming that AH is a full blown trollfest, it isn't. A serious topic is usually treated as such and anyone that would post something like that is usually banned.
    a mod is only a mod in their forum outside of that forum they are regular users.

regardless of this fact, what makes you think windsock is a mod? her profile doesnt saying about being a mod

Her name is in bold, what is she then?

Mike, maybe. I have no idea. Her name is bolded so I assumed she was a mod

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

she is a registered user in AH not a mod

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

You're assuming that AH is a full blown trollfest, it isn't. A serious topic is usually treated as such and anyone that would post something like that is usually banned.

Nope I'm well aware that serious topics can be seriously discussed in AH. However "trollish" answers are still very much a part of AH. Because of that, I would be reluctant to say that Windsock seriously meant what she said.

I just think that Windsock was using heavy handed irony, in other words she stated the opposite of what the truth was for her.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭whatduck

I think users who's name are in bold but have no forums to mod are former mods who haven't had their bold title changed.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Don't think Windsock is a mod atm.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=60767567&postcount=3

And by a mod too :rolleyes:

Where does he/she mod btw? It's not stated under their username, a bit confusing tbh

I did report the post btw, but I see no harm in letting others see the muppetry that some MODS show at times

Bloody horrible imo, it made my blood boil
    If it doesn't say Mod under the name, the user is not a Mod of a forum.

You've got a reported post about this.
    imho it did need a feedback thread, because it crosses to another issue that was raised today
    So you're duplicating this issue here?

• Advertisement

Gordon wrote: »
    Don't think Windsock is a mod atm.

If it doesn't say Mod under the name, the user is not a Mod.
    You've got a reported post about this.

So you're duplicating this issue here?

Sorry, I'm a little unclear about what you mean that I've "got a reported post about this"?

And no, I'm not duplicating any issue here.

If you can't see the issue here then how can you rule on any other issue? I've seen people get banned for less and have any appeal decided against

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

While it's not my thing at all, I've seen worse in AH, and I myself have probably made equally bad jokes about other stuff that falls within my particular acceptability boundaries. And going by the user, I'd say it was just a joke.

Don't think it really warrants a feedback thread tbh man.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

You've two issues here:
    • The content of the post - Dealt with on thread thanks to the reported post. No need to raise it here separately. The second issue has no bearing on this.
    • Is WindSock a mod? - She used to be but had a voluntary siteban for a while. Some kind of glitch or something leaves her with a bold username as if she were a mod but she's not.

stovelid wrote: »
    While it's not my thing at all, I've seen worse in AH, and I myself have probably made equally bad jokes about other stuff that falls within my particular acceptability boundaries. And going by the user, I'd say it was just a joke.

Don't think it really warrants a feedback thread tbh man.

I agree, I've seen worse and probably posted worse too. But in the context of the thread it was either a lapse of judgment or a really horrible thing to say.

It's just my opinion, and if an Admin wants to close the thread that's fair enough. I've had my say

Javaboy, ok I apologise for overreacting and posting here about it. But I have seen people get banned straight up for less, if it was a member with 40 posts they'd be called a troll. I don't judge anyone by their post count or status

Sorry, I'm a little unclear about what you mean that I've "got a reported post about this"?
    You reported the post that you are posting about here, you reported the post?
    And no, I'm not duplicating any issue here.
    You admit that there is a thread about a seperate issue on Feedback Forum that is also included in this thread as a secondary point/question. No need to cloud the issue by reposting that point.
    If you can't see the issue here then how can you rule on any other issue? I've seen people get banned for less and have any appeal decided against
    You've reported the post. Why are you starting this thread 3 minutes after doing so?

What is the feedback, is it Windsock, the fact that you don't like the way the Mod tag is shown, or the fact that someone posted something that you think they shouldn't have?

Put your tags away mate, I'm not an idiot, I can read a post coherently without that sort of patronisation or aggression, or whatever else it was intended as.

I may have overreacted due to the context of the post rather than the post itself. My brother has Autism and I don't appreciate that kind of ignorance towards a subject thats so complex, whether its meant as a joke or not.

You can close this obvious train wreck now. I'll know not to raise an issue here agian

Put your tags away mate, I'm not an idiot, I can read a post coherently without that sort of patronisation or aggression, or whatever else it was intended as.
    Wibbidation?
    I may have overreacted due to the context of the post rather than the post itself. My brother has Autism and I don't appreciate that kind of ignorance towards a subject thats so complex, whether its meant as a joke or not.
    Then I guess you see both sides to the story. That's great you appreciate the time that goes into reported posts and feedback threads, I appreciate that.
    You can close this obvious train wreck now. I'll know not to raise an issue here agian
    It's a shame that you see this now as pointless, but I can't tell you how to see it. You could have at least ended on jazzhands or something though.

Wibbidation?
    You could have at least ended on jizzhands or something though.

Now I get it =p

ectoplasm.jpg

Now I get it =p
    That's not funny, someone close to me has erectile auto-jackulism..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

I'm doing this for the kids... (gulp)

****!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Mrmoe

When are posters supposed to know when we are not allowed to make light of an issue? Are we not allowed to do it when it affects one of the mods but we are allowed to joke and piss take when it is not about an issue they are connected with?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,458 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Now the thumbs up is badly missed. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

its ok, your a subscriber

you`ll get what you want

meh if i had posted it would be locked already, gl

• Registered Users Posts: 38,458 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Thumbs up.

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Spastafarian

You should probably move away from them...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Mrmoe wrote: »
    When are posters supposed to know when we are not allowed to make light of an issue? Are we not allowed to do it when it affects one of the mods but we are allowed to joke and piss take when it is not about an issue they are connected with?

To hell with who is offended, mods, cmods, admins or otherwise. Everything is fair game for humour, no exceptions. Nothing is so sacred that it should not be able to be poked fun at.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,960 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

orestes wrote: »
    To hell with who is offended, mods, cmods, admins or otherwise. Everything is fair game for humour, no exceptions. Nothing is so sacred that it should not be able to be poked fun at.
    Is this a troll or an attempt at sarcasm? I can't decide.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

it's ironic that someone with an avatar of a character created by Matt stone and Trey parker should try to tell people that some subjects are not ok to laugh at.

Your brother has autism. What am I supposed to do? What is Windsock supposed to do? Should we never mention Autism again? Why don't we ask everyone to list the subjects they don't want discussed?

If you see ignorance, then point it out and make your case. Stop trying to get the subject banned or treated differently to every other subject just because it affects you personally.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,994 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Oh yeah, the rest of the thread was the cream of intelligent discussion.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

I did type out an apology to anyone I offended affected with autism, but after reading this thread I realise the op has more of an issue with my name highlighted in bold than the actual post.
    Yes, it was a silly thing of me to post, but if I am going to have to apologise for 6/10 of my posts then I may as well stop posting altogether. I tried to do that before, but it didn't work. I try to think sometimes too before I post but that doesn't work all of the time either. So maybe the solution here is to unbold me which was done. Now can I get back to being a spaz in peace?

Advertisement