Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ghostbusters - Region Locked?

Options
  • 18-06-2009 11:08pm

I am currently in the States and would like to buy Ghostbusters here, as there's the timed delay on its release in Europe. Yet when I asked about if it is region locked, I was told it was.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

hey boney lucky for some in the states lol recession??????????

anyways sorry bout that rant, who tol you it was region locked?

as far as i know from reading everywhere is that it is region free, everyone is gonna buy this online and it will hurt our bricks and mortar shops badly!

hey boney lucky for some in the states lol recession??????????

anyways sorry bout that rant, who tol you it was region locked?

as far as i know from reading everywhere is that it is region free, everyone is gonna buy this online and it will hurt our bricks and mortar shops badly!

I asked in a Gamestop - so is it 100% confirmed? Here it's 60$ (42euro)

I asked in a Gamestop - so is it 100% confirmed? Here it's 60$ (42euro)
    boney its being reported all over the web as being region free! gamestop are prob filling you full of it~ or maybe they honestly think it is but some people on boards already have it region free

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I was playing it last night, it's definitely NOT region locked!

• Advertisement

I was playing it last night, it's definitely NOT region locked!

Thanking you kindly.

Actually on a side-note; I was reading through a guide for New York and discovered that the Ghostbusters Firehouse isn't too far from where I'm staying. So methinks I might take a tour out there tomorrow and take some photos :D

Thanking you kindly.

Actually on a side-note; I was reading through a guide for New York and discovered that the Ghostbusters Firehouse isn't too far from where I'm staying. So methinks I might take a tour out there tomorrow and take some photos :D
    defo take some and post them here please that sounds pretty cool:D

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Apparently it's just a shell, nothing inside, but hell even photos outside would be awesome!!!

Plus they're missing out on serious tourism dollars by not having something there!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭Varik

I am currently in the States and would like to buy Ghostbusters here, as there's the timed delay on its release in Europe. Yet when I asked about if it is region locked, I was told it was.

it's meant to hurt xbox not the shops. sony are publishing it for ps3 and atari for 360.
    sony are just faster to get it out

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Its not a matter of sony being faster getting it out.
    Sony got a timed exclusive deal for the European release.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Mr E wrote: »
    Its not a matter of sony being faster getting it out.
    Sony got a timed exclusive deal for the European release.

Which was a pointless exercise seeing as the XBOX 360 version is region free :D

so boney? how would you like to bring 40 copies home and sell them to all your boards friends? PLEEEEEASE? LOL:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,558 ✭✭✭savemejebus

Mossy Monk wrote: »

well Sony needed some sort of incentive to get people to put down money on their inferior version...

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Mossy Monk wrote: »

Exactly.
    I was just correcting Varik... :)

:)

click smiley

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

The game is fairly boring.

Once the initial novelty wears off (I was a Ghostbusters kid in the 80s) there's not much left.

Ha, yesterday was a big childhood day. I also visited the piano from Big!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

Nice photos. That piano is in FAO Schwartz, isn't it? Who were bought out by Toys 'R Us recently, I think...

Mr. K wrote: »
    Nice photos. That piano is in FAO Schwartz, isn't it? Who were bought out by Toys 'R Us recently, I think...

Yeah, it was in FAO Schwartz. There were a load of kids on it at the time I was there, so thought it would have been a bit odd for me to stroll over and recreate the movie.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

I just read theyre making a Ghostbusters 3 film ?!!

Woot woot woot :D:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭bongotime

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭jaffa20

I tested it during production.

It's not region locked.

What a crap games. Will be happy if i never see it again.

Riddick FTW!

Advertisement