Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

new xbox next year!!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

collie1 wrote: »
    wtf is microsoft up to?

trying to take back some of the market from nintendo?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

It'll probably just be the current Xbox, bundled with Natal, or with the natal technology in-built.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

Kersmash wrote: »
    It'll probably just be the current Xbox, bundled with Natal, or with the natal technology in-built.

I'd be guessing this is the case since they said they'd be increasing the internal memory of the Arcade consoles to 512MB. I doubt they'd be doing this while developing an entirely new console on the side. Not only that but I'm sure they would have showcased it at E3.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 662 ✭✭✭Liber8or

Hold your horses...

I reckon it will be a new version of the "Arcade" system or else a new type of "Elite", hence why they have started to phase out the current "Elite" systems.
    Arcade will need more internal memory so it can work with Natal.
    The new Elite system will probably just be Natal bundled with an Xbox.

It would be financial suicide for Microsoft to bring out a new Xbox, lets call it the "Xbox720", as they are only starting to make some money with software sales after years of R&D and RROD's on the current generation console.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

M$ said at E3 that the 360 will have a life cycle of 10yrs and not the 5yrs which they had planned at launch. The 360 is only 3.5yrs old. There won't be a totally new system from either M$ or Sony until 2012/2013 at least.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

It will probably be an xbox that cant get the ring of death :rolleyes:

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

dazftw wrote: »
    It will probably be an xbox that cant get the ring of death :rolleyes:

Good LUCK!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 jakemarcus27

oh nooooooo! this can't be bill want's money again!!! why don't they just focus on the next gen console rather than making another xbox 360 that gonna fail again because of the rrod i hate when they are making different design but still disame external thingy like psp phat psp slim psp 3000 psp go it's like wtf! you can still play disame game to all of them! so this time ms actually saying to people who have old models of xbox 360 can't use the natal well i would say that's unfair! and do they know it's recession crisis PEOPLE DON'T HAVE MONEY BILL!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭jomz27

they probably got this idea again from nintendo ds to nintendo dsi! i don't know why microsoft are doin this for feckin sake!!! and has anyone notice ms is full of talked **** atm they haven't release other stuff yet like...

1 vs 100
    facebook
    twitter
    fm radio
    sky channel

it's like they got loads of things that they have to focus on 1st but they are just keep on moving forward without nothing has been done! and like what jakemarcus said ^^^ we're on recession crisis at this stage it ain't easy to upgrade stuff im pretty sure the price of it is gonna be insane especially if it's ms gandgets!...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Rev. Kitchen

to avoid the RROD they will make the circle of lights on the front square so no more rings of death .

Its just the xbox thats there now but beefed up to handle the new camera thing i reckon .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

Liber8or wrote: »
    It would be financial suicide for Microsoft

They have a projected revenue of 65+ billion for 2009 alone so I wouldn't worry about them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭mise

As previous posters had suggested looks like Natal integrated into the current 360

http://kotaku.com/5296104/microsoft-there-will-be-no-new-console?skyline=true&s=x

Advertisement