Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why Has Wexford No McDonald's?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭Big Vern

The KFC is a drive-tru and has seated area, never seems to be busy?! Not a fan of MacDs etc...much prefer the local chippers. The Premier on the main street is still one of the best!!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

Y'know I was always kinda proud that Wexford didnt have any of those international Fast 'food' establishments, it seemed to me to mean that we had a grown up town with a decent native food industry, as someone who has travelled a bit I will say that the Resturtaunts&Takeaways in Wexford town and surrounding areas can give anywhere in the world a run for its money.

but no, it seems tha the Ross O Carrol Kelly generation want Maccers and Starbucks and KFC to make themselves feel more cosmopolitan and international, if you want international, Wexford has some of the Finest Chinese resturants you could ever want, if you want a Burger and Chips then there are a multitude of establishments that will give you more for less than the franchises, and finaly now if you want Coffee there is more than one Outlet selling passable coffee :DYAAAAAY:D

as I get older I find that I am fallin more into the Grumpy old B*stard mould, hell I'd like to see an end to Fuppin Neon lights too.

course that was when I was last back in Ireland at Christmas 2 years ago, the KFC had just opened at that stage and rumors of a Maccers were rife.

Still, people will vote with their feet I suppose

Have to agree Mahatma Coat, there is some great Resturtaunts&Takeaways in Wex town. Somehow having a MacDs makes the town!! I think their food is rubbish!!! As for KFC, they have the smallest bags of chips ever!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Skye 2009

Jez I don't know when u were last in Burger Mac. A chicken burger is €4.40 there and it's real chicken unlike mcdonalds. Love Burger Mac's chicken burger.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,276 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Ship the McDonalds, i canna wait, just need Starbucks now ans we're a real place.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭Copyright

I hate burger mac, well the one in enniscorthy anyway, its disgusting lol
    When is mac d's opening ?

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Murtinho

Copyright wrote: »
    When is mac d's opening ?

today! Drove by it yesterday and the sign said 31st of july, young lad made me promise months ago that we'd go on the opening day so ill be there for lunch.

Mac D's opens today!?!?!
    A sad day for Wexford....

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭tony231974

McD is yuck anyway! :mad:

hahaha im gonna go down see what all the fuss is about :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

My kids like the toys with the happy meals and I believe that the packaging is very nutritious. :D

I never did think i'd see the day where mc d's in wexford, A Wexford big mac! :eek:

Bah, it can't be a patch on BurgerMac!

Big Vern wrote: »
    Mac D's opens today!?!?!
    A sad day for Wexford....

Do you have kids? I used to live abroad and had a mate i played football with, pure commie and vegetarian, hated Mcd's and all large companies etc.
    Anyway he had two boys, 7 & 4 or so at the time, turned up at a game one day with the kids in tow with a happy meal each. Said he finally understood!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭merlie

To me it sounds like you had lucky escape!

Mc Donalds foods are bad though, as you will always see 'eat in moderation' on their adverts! I am sure there are good restaurants in Wexford that are far better than McDonalds.

Bah, it can't be a patch on BurgerMac!

:eek: I must go back to this burger mac in wexford again cos everyone I've ever bin to have all tasted the same disgusting lol

Copyright wrote: »
    :eek: I must go back to this burger mac in wexford again cos everyone I've ever bin to have all tasted the same disgusting lol

I don't mind it, but if its fast food, I'll go to Fusicardi's, assuming they are still there....

Murtinho wrote: »
    Do you have kids? I used to live abroad and had a mate i played football with, pure commie and vegetarian, hated Mcd's and all large companies etc.
    Anyway he had two boys, 7 & 4 or so at the time, turned up at a game one day with the kids in tow with a happy meal each. Said he finally understood!!!!

Murtinho,
    Ive no kids, but i can see why kids love the place for toys etc, not for the food anyway!! Im not a commie or vegie either!!
    I just find it sad when i see Wex and other towns in Ireland all becoming the same, same shops, fast food etc. We seem to be losing our identity....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

I was out at Mcdonalds today, (because I'm off work recovering from surgery :D ) felt like some fast food.. Was this morning, was getting busier out there. It's gonna be just as busy as other McDonalds I bet.

Will affect business in town but due to it's location I don't think it will have a massive dent. Although it's handier for me to use the drive-thru than to try find parking in town near burger mac or one of those.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

I passed by earlier, or at least tryed, the queue for drive thru was out onto sinnotstown lane and backed up to the rosslare roundabout nearly! Was crazily busy!

• Advertisement

Haha that's madness. I was the only one in the drive thru today.

I was there at 1pm, long queue to get in but we made it eventually and even got a seat. Usual Mcd stuff, manage to use a free coffee voucher which was nice.

As for Big Vern it's great to treat the kids once in a while and they love the food, we'd normally only eat fast food once every few months. I allways found that documentary on Mcd's a farce, eat at any same restaurant, hotel etc for a month and you'll feel like ****e. "Suicidal thoughts", give me a break.

My tip for Mc'ds is use coupons and only a burger or two, ie skip the fries and drink. Anytime i go if im in Dublin or something i use a two Big Mac for the price of one coupon, tides me over for lunch.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

Hehe, just got a text off a friend to say the gards are out directing traffic out there! :D

Must be the dinner rush so...

im just home from wex town the queue at the drive thru was unbelievable we were in it for like 45 mins :eek: worth it though :P

I'm amazed to hear that - knew it would be busy, but not that busy!

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭radharc

Was there early on and happened to drive past about 3 o'clock, couldn't believe the queue! Have to say was very impressed with the kit out and look of the place, obviously cost a few bob.

I don't understand people saying it's a sad day to see mcd's coming to wexford, if u don't like it don't go to it, nobody's forcing u!

I'd have to agree, I never really liked the food in Burger macs or abrakedabras. The Frying Irishman in castlebridge would have been my favourite if I was feeling like a bit of fast food. I'll still go out there every now and again, McDonalds won't influence my fast food spending as much as people think it will.

I do think the new cinema will definitely keep it busy though.

I'd have to agree, I never really liked the food in Burger macs or abrakedabras. The Frying Irishman in castlebridge would have been my favourite if I was feeling like a bit of fast food. I'll still go out there every now and again, McDonalds won't influence my fast food spending as much as people think it will.

I do think the new cinema will definitely keep it busy though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭diarmuidh

Wexford is just like another US town with no soul the recession will only make it worse..big companies will take over empty untis where family owned business where before..ah well..our unique selling point on the way out...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

diarmuidh wrote: »
    Wexford is just like another US town with no soul the recession will only make it worse..big companies will take over empty untis where family owned business where before..ah well..our unique selling point on the way out...
    What killed off the local family owned businesses in Wexford before the recession hit, was the parking policy of Wexford Council. Pay parking up to a mile outside of town how are ye :mad:
    If it can be bought out of town, with ease of access, they will get my business. I don't care if they are big companies

Any hoo, I was just going to comment that I picked my son up from the 6.15 am boat at Rosslare and would have passed Maccers at around 7 am and the drivetrhough was buy for the brekkie

Advertisement