Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Two male stray cats fighting outside my house!!

Options
  • 19-06-2009 3:21am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 842 ✭✭✭

As the title goes...... Think they might be fighting over my female but she is spayed and pays them little attention. They are really going for each other and I am scared one will lose an eye. I have a cat trap. Does anyone know of any neuter release programmes running at the mo? Am a bit broke so can't afford to spay two, possibly three cats. (Another young male just moved into the area.):(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭Gordon Gekko

PM sent.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭eyesofvenus

They wont be interested in your cat if she is spayed. They are probably fighting over territory

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Yeah could be territory.... I know it's not the nicest thing but if you're there you could try throwing a cup of water at them, just to break it up. They might move n fight elsewhere for a while. That's what we do if there's cats fighting on our roof. (we don't own any so assumidly it's territory)

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭eyesofvenus

We have 4 cats, 3 girls and a boy. From my experience males will not be attracted to females who have been spayed because unlike non spayed cats they dont go into heat

Advertisement