Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

On a one year Lease (here 10.5 months) - how much notice have I to give agent?

Options
  • 19-06-2009 7:09am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 47

Notice to leave - Is it 30 days?

When are they (agents / landlord) required to tell you how much the next years rent will be?

We are 50 days of the end of a lease and the landlord is un contactable (re agent)

I dont want to loose deposit, but need to know how much the rent will be to make a decision. We have been excellent tenants.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,650 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Notice to leave - Is it 30 days?

When are they (agents / landlord) required to tell you how much the next years rent will be?

We are 50 days of the end of a lease and the landlord is un contactable (re agent)

I dont want to loose deposit, but need to know how much the rent will be to make a decision. We have been excellent tenants.

Depends on how the lease is worded. most will move one to a normal "one month" notice situation, others might specifically state that they do not.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

It will be written into your lease, but if you are unsure, just give notice now to say that you will be moving out on the "date" i.e. last day of the lease.

Send it to the LL/Agent in writing and pay your rent until the last day as normal

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

if its a fixed term lease with no break clause its automatically implied that you are interested in moving out once the lease ends . Its a funny one because if you stay on without signing a new lease you automatically move into a part 4, but equally you can just walk. However you know the estate agent is going to be an ass about it so tell them now your moving out at the end of the lease.

if they are uncontactable then send a registered letter get proof that you provided an indicator that you are leaving.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 mickeymoney

The LL is currently out of contact (could be on hols)

We will stay depending on the rent review. So we are in limbo at the mo.

I phoned http://www.prtb.ie/ today and they said I dont have to give notice if staying on, even if the LL has done a vanishing act. He can give me notice thereafter of 44 days on the 366th day.

Deposit - I dont legally have to give notice, I can leave on the last day and Im entitled to the deposit back if no notice is given.

Its just an odd situation at the moment not knowing how much the rent will be next year, but thats not my fault. (Estate Agent given a written request last week for rent review)

I was concerned that my 30 days notice period to quit was being eroded by the landlords not being available and I would suffer. Its not the case it seems

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Send the letting agent and/or landlord registered letter stating your intention to move out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 47 mickeymoney

eth0_ wrote: »
    Send the letting agent and/or landlord registered letter stating your intention to move out.

I want a rent review to decide if Im leaving
    I legally dont have to say Im leaving within 30 days re http://www.prtb.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 9,787 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

He can't give you notice on the 366th day except in very limited circumstances. You have a part 4 tenancy.

Just ask for a rent review. He doesn't have to do this until the end of the year, but it would probably be commercially expedient for him to do so.

a.

Advertisement