Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rising Crime levels in Balbriggan

Options
  • 19-06-2009 7:20am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 33

Is it just me or has anyone else noticed that nearly every other night there's the screeching of tyres and the noise of sirens in the town? Last night for example there were two patrol cars zooming up and down the area, sirens roaring. Last weekend the shop in Castle Mill was robbed/attempted robbery, so God only knows what happened last night! Has the crime level risen???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Eoineo

Perhaps you should ask in the Garda Station?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 dotts1977

Thanks. I'm sure I'd be told it's none of my business :D I've been down there before for an unrelated matter and sometimes they are not the most forthcoming.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

Don't forget that Balbriggan station covers Skerries and a lot of other areas at night (not sure if Lusk and Rush are still closed at night, certainty used to be).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭PCros

Eoineo wrote: »
    Perhaps you should ask in the Garda Station?

Best one I've heard all day....yes pop into the Garda station and ask them.

You would be told to politely eff off.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

PCros wrote: »
    You would be told to politely eff off.
    Not necessarily so. Depends on who you speak with. If the OP asks for the Community Officer & if he/she feels that they have a genuine reason for asking about local crime levels they may get a decent response.

OP - Have you contacted your local Neighbourhood Watch? They would generally receive regular enough updates from the Community Officer. (Well, the Blackhills Community Alert - Neighbourhood Watch for us country folk - committee do anyway.)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Eoineo

I'm not answering the OP in a flippant manner. A snapshot of the boards.ie users' experiences wouldn't necessarily be indicative of the actual crime levels in any area. The Garda Station would be a better place to start if the OP is genuinely concerned.

Advertisement