Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Incidents in Dublin yesterday

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Hi-Tek93 wrote: »
    Sure dublins bad but from my experiences Navan is worse....its full of pikeys who are much worse than scumbags...ive been beaten up 3 times in the last 2 years...in cases of 3 on 1 and 2 on 1....

Warning issued for using inapropriate language.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Fukdapool

If anyone deserves a dig in the head it is STICKMAN , I generally hate scumbags and violence but I know this guy personally .Never met a bigger assh**e than him!I hope it wasnt a bad beating but I hope he got a few slaps ,he's a complete bull****ting DICKH*AD!! Gold

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Clown Shoes

I saw him on youtube, the guy´s van was burned out a few years back. I´ve seen his act and it´s so boring, nothing weird or wonderful about it, just boring.

A few slaps in both directions probably didn´t do any harm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Fukdapool

I saw him on youtube, the guy´s van was burned out a few years back. I´ve seen his act and it´s so boring, nothing weird or wonderful about it, just boring.

Absolutely ,now you're talkin' my language ........Actually I would prob pay a few quid to see a rematch ! Although I wouldnt like to see Stickman win......A 4 on 1 should suffice for some quality entertainment.......yyeehhaaaaaa

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

2 lads who sign up in Jun 2009 who both have a dislike of stickman and who both seem like retards. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Fukdapool wrote: »
    If anyone deserves a dig in the head it is STICKMAN , I generally hate scumbags and violence but I know this guy personally .Never met a bigger assh**e than him!I hope it wasnt a bad beating but I hope he got a few slaps ,he's a complete bull****ting DICKH*AD!! Gold

Banned.

Warning issued.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Clown Shoes

2 lads who sign up in Jun 2009 who both have a dislike of stickman and who both seem like retards. :pac:

This guy performed outside my place of work nearly every couple of days and there wasn´t a performance that went by were he didn´t get some kind of abuse. It was the guy´s attitude, he acted like he was doing the public a favour by showing up.

As for you Chucky, manly love with Stickman would probably be a real bonus for you. You should take up a job with the thought police on this forum.

Fcuk it, I know I´m banned now*

*Necks 10th botttle of heineken and heads to bed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭citizen_p

demon83 wrote: »
    I seen something at top of Grafton st last night around 6:45, there was a Canadian Street artist, with long dreadlock and he was argueing with about 7 or 8 scumbags in there tracksuits, I heard ask who took it, so guess the scumbags stole something from him, surprise surprise!
    The guy has travellied all over the world and comes here for a world championship only to be robbed and beaten up (I didnt see this but goin by OP) in broad daylight on the busiest street in the country.

yeah and you rarley see the garda around the streets

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Colm Donnely

BraziliaNZ wrote: »
    what's wrong with these scum? why do you think Dublin has such a problem with these idiots?

Just bored idiots with nothing in their lives to be proud of... whats that saying... "Idle hands do the Devils work" ??

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,528 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Well that's the Dublin Street Festival over with for another year. I was there most of the day nearly every day, then I'd walk from there across town often using the 'dreaded' boardwalk to make my way to Stoneybatter and then back across town up to Leonard's corner. I live on both the north and the southside and take photographs and carry musical instruments around the city most days of the week so this would be not uncommon traveling for a weekend. But as the festival was on this week (and the African festival 2 week ago) it should be a good time to have a reasoned thought on the the dangers and unsociable activity on the street.
    The city was friendly, helpful and buzzing. Families, tourists and lovers mixing throughout the city unimpeded by skanger hassle. I can only say what I saw and I kept this thread in mind.
    Then I wake this morning to read AA Gill in the Sunday Times sum Dublin (when it's playing ball and scubbed up well) up perfectly. He had a ball and enjoyed the irreverence of the people and wants to come back as soon as. What can one say but what one sees? (and not blown out reports by the likes of The Herald).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

That's gas, just finished reading AA Gills report on Dublin! He managed to dine and drink on the Northside without "the fear" so many people talk about here!! He certainly enjoyed himself, great article from a tough critic. I know the fella he talking about in Chapter 1! Describes him to a tee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

I just saw a guy threaten a taxi driver at traffic lights with the end of a sweeping brush outside a pub. Probably unrelated to what everyone else is talking abuot.

Must be something in the Guinness

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Morlar wrote: »
    - did you/anyone call the police ?

That's a good question. Even if policing was increased, there cannot be a garda on every corner.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭ronano

I work on the dublin streets five days a week and it's starting to get to me. There are allot of visible junkies,alcoholics,beggars on or just off the main streets in dublin. What really gets to me is the junkie,alcoholic and begging situation is not a massive problem that has spiralled out of control rather simple neglect and lack of votes i imagine.

If the gardai would just patrol rather than chumming about four at a top basically having a laugh and adequate funding for treatment for junkies and alcoholics and half a will the problems could be eradicated and resolved. I'm so tired of aggressive beggars

I've also noticed that pretty much every eircom phone in a 5 minute radias of o'connell street is being scammed by the paper refund cap lark. Have eircom just given up or what's the story?

ronano wrote: »
    I work on the dublin streets five days a week and it's starting to get to me. There are allot of visible junkies,alcoholics,beggars on or just off the main streets in dublin. What really gets to me is the junkie,alcoholic and begging situation is not a massive problem that has spiralled out of control rather simple neglect and lack of votes i imagine.

If the gardai would just patrol rather than chumming about four at a top basically having a laugh and adequate funding for treatment for junkies and alcoholics and half a will the problems could be eradicated and resolved. I'm so tired of aggressive beggars

Are you suggesting the govt. send the police in to remove beggars from the street ?

No one likes being confronted by a stranger and not knowing how the situation will turn out, but using force isn't a pretty solution. Or any solution really.
    I've also noticed that pretty much every eircom phone in a 5 minute radias of o'connell street is being scammed by the paper refund cap lark. Have eircom just given up or what's the story?

What's that about ? Haven't heard of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

ronano wrote: »

paper refund cap:confused: whats that about?? please explain

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

They stick a bit of tissue or a torn-up beer mat into the refund slot and when you make a call that doesn't get answered you can't take your money out.

Alan Rouge wrote: »
    Are you suggesting the govt. send the police in to remove beggars from the street ?

No one likes being confronted by a stranger and not knowing how the situation will turn out, but using force isn't a pretty solution. Or any solution really.

What's that about ? Haven't heard of it.

I'm suggesting police remove aggressive beggars from the street/consistently move them along in combination with treating the underlying problem why a large section of people beg. People shouldn't have to be harassed and it's dire for tourism in Dublin.

Guy above explained the phone lark

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭IanCurtis

lightening wrote: »
    They are everywhere unfortunately, from Saigon to Portlaoise... They are just a bit more prevalent during free events, crowds, free gigs and the like.

Ian, just at a glance at your previous posts I think you have a problem with the Irish and Ireland! Let alone Dublin! I hope you sort out your issues with your country and your capital, even if it means you having to move away... But coming on to a Dublin forum and just slating the city as a kip is a bit trollish to be honest.

Coming on to a forum about a place you hate is a bit funny too. I don't know if you were bullied or had an awful upbringing in Dublin, but, I hope, in time you will appreciate the city for what it is.

Yeah, a kip.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭snollup

Nolanger wrote: »
    I love Dublin city and anyone who doesn't can f*ck off to some sh*t town down the country full of in-bred GAA tossers.

Mate, your starting to sound like one of the scumbags yourself now!

Grow up!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

snollup wrote: »
    Mate, your starting to sound like one of the scumbags yourself now!

Ah, I think he was only slagging me....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭briktop

BraziliaNZ wrote: »
    what's wrong with these scum? why do you think Dublin has such a problem with these idiots?

people put up with it ,
    they dont hammer down the politiacans doors to fix it or the guards

we have no pride in our surroundings , and dont want to get involved

and we dont treat scum harshly in court.

Nolanger wrote: »
    They stick a bit of tissue or a torn-up beer mat into the refund slot and when you make a call that doesn't get answered you can't take your money out.

HArdly that great a scam

• Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

Dublin's a lot safer than London, Paris, Amsterdam, New York, Buenos Aires, Sao Paolo or Rio de Janeiro.

We don't have more nor do we have less scumbags than other countries.

What we do have though, is a country where they weren't kicked out of the city itself. The inner city offends people because they see it, not because it exists.

Add to that, police in this country don't beat people up for being poor and in the wrong place.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭donaghs

Seeing the underclass living right beside the tourist main streets is something interesting about Dublin. But its not just "seeing" it which is the problem. Its the violence and problems that flow from it which are most objectionable.

Admittedly, doing what Paris did a long time ago, pushing all the problems out to suburbs and having a musuem like inner-city wouldn't solve many problems (would help tourism though) - but would help some people forget the problems were there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 stloupe

Anyone see at the top of Grafton Street the Stick Man performer? A group of scumbags started harrassing him and a punch-up ensued...im not sure if the performer's group threw punches, but the scumbags definitely were - the sound man was left with a massive shiner, the guards were called as well...

Then about an hour later on Henry St, firemen were cutting open the entrance to Permanent TSB with chainsaws...no idea what was going on there! anyone else know?

Body of a young lady was removed to Maher Hospital for autopsy.

donaghs wrote: »
    Seeing the underclass living right beside the tourist main streets is something interesting about Dublin. But its not just "seeing" it which is the problem. Its the violence and problems that flow from it which are most objectionable.

Admittedly, doing what Paris did a long time ago, pushing all the problems out to suburbs and having a musuem like inner-city wouldn't solve many problems (would help tourism though) - but would help some people forget the problems were there.

That's it sadly how do you even begin to fix it and i mean by that the government can barely tie their laces so i'd imagine they'd kick them out to let them rot like so many other communities in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

donaghs wrote: »

that's not what Paris did. Paris is a walled city with very little free space to build on. In the 60s, after the algerian war, there was a huge influx of immigrants/returning french, to the mainland. Having nowhere to put everyone up, they built 1000s upon 1000s of social complexes to house everyone, and these were all outside of Paris and other cities. These migrants were'nt the problem at all. the problems started 2 or 3 generations later, because these estates turned into ghettos due to low employment, lack of things to do, gangs, drugs, etc...
    the scumbags still travel into Paris, and used to rob everyone and everything until the police cracked down hard, police and riot police patrol high tourist areas with high visibility and a no nonsense approach. That and the fact Paris is pretty big and has more than one busy centre for them all not to be all in the same spot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭0ubliette

Alan Rouge wrote: »

While that makes it sound like a police crackdown on the homeless, i really think something needs to be done about the amount of winos in the city centre. Every day walking past the o'connell statue on o'connell st now i see gangs of 5 - 7 alchos lying around on the monument steps pissed out of their skulls, filthy, swigging cans, god knows what else. Its a national monument FFS and something alot of tourists would go take a look at im sure, what kind of an impression of dublin would it give any foreigner to see such a historic landmark covered in alcos and junkies? It wouldnt be tolerated in any other capital city, but cause its dublin the cops are too busy stopping people for motor tax infringements than cleaning up the capital

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭Proxy

I've said it time and time again, its nothing an armed "unhinged individual" (with a secret offshore bank account) couldn't fix in a wet weekend.

I'm available for any offers of senatorship and birthday parties of people you don't like.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement