Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your favourite restaurants.

Options
  • 19-06-2009 10:20am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭

3 different types

1. Casual dining -
    2. Fancy pants dining -
    3. Romantic dining -

Casual for me would have to be Govindas (no surprises there!) I eat there about 3 or 4 times a week as it suits me down to the ground. Its cheap, tasty, vaguely healthy and you can just roll in with your hair standing on end and noone takes a blind bit of notice. It does what it says on the tin and does it very well. It is out of all, my favourite way to eat.

Fancy pants ....gotta say The Square in London. Going there is an occassion that as foodies, I think we become somewhat immune or fatigued by maintaining an on-going prsence in the more up market establishments due to committments engaged by work or client entertainment etc. It brings the sparkle of enjoyment back every single time. Ill cheat and say Chez Bruce is another fav. :)

Romantic - Pearl brasserie. Theres just somethng about it. It has fond memories for me both of relationships past and present. I love the food, the waiters are so good at their jobs they make it looking effortless.

So thats me. What abut you?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

1. Acapulcos or any other decent tex-mex place;
    2. La pearl du lac in Geneva - manages to be fancier than Guilbauds and less stuffy at the same time (and to rub salt in it, you actually do get "a higher class of diner" there. Which for me just means more interesting cars to walk past on the way in and makes Guilbauds less intimidating :D )
    3. is pretty much down to personal experience, it's anything from ice cream in Stephen's green to lunch in the Shelbourne or dinner in Locks. It's not about the food or the location.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,053 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

1. Star Anise, Cork
    2. Corrigan's Mayfair, London
    Kleine Zavel, Antwerp
    3. Home
    The Old Convent, Tipperary
    Gregan's Castle Hotel, The Burren

Advertisement