Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

So....the Zen finally died :-(

• 19-06-2009 10:28am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,853 ✭✭✭✭

After nearly 4 years my Creative Zen died. Screen now blank and the buttons won't respond.

So I'm looking for a decent replacement player. I dont want a "i only had it 6 months and it broke" Ipod.

I'm wondering is there anything in the Creative Zen Vision M mould out there?

thanks
    Trilla

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,415 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

The Cowon S9 is sorta like the replacement for the ZV:M that creative never released, so that might be worth looking at.

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭dublinbusdude

I'm currently selling my Zen on Adverts.ie for €140 or best price with stuff if you want to it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

I'd pick up something cheap and small like a sansa and wait for the Zune HD.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,853 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

thanks for the replies lads i'll look into those

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭dublinbusdude

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 443 ✭✭bricks

I have the 16GB NWZ-S639F.
    Pros:
    40hr+ battery life
    Comes up as a drive letter
    Really handy interface
    Works on linux/mac/PC

Cons:
    USB cable is propriatory
    Extra purchase needed to use video on it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,853 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Its working again! I let the battery die and it started up again, happy days.

4 years this August

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭bongotime

buy another one. or by the latest one. only thing the latest one is very small. mines lasted 4 years. and no problems.

buy one off there ireland site.

http://en.europe.creative.com/shop/savingscentre.asp?category=111&subcategory=125

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,415 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

bongotime wrote: »
    buy another one. or by the latest one. only thing the latest one is very small. mines lasted 4 years. and no problems.

buy one off there ireland site.

http://en.europe.creative.com/shop/savingscentre.asp?category=111&subcategory=125

That's a POS. Fact.

what does poc fact mean ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭cpu-dude

bongotime wrote: »
    what does poc fact mean ?
    Piece of s**t - which is correct.

never had one problem with creative mp3s. now i pods wow they are awful. a mate bought a tiny one few weeks back wouldnt charge at all. got his money back. creative are great

No, they very much are not great...there was a time when they made great players but they have not done that in a while. They're decent and are priced as such but are of low quality and basically imitations of other products, once Creative would have been praised for their SQ (sound quality) but that has flown out the window, their current line up sounds worse than Apple's gear (with the exception of the classic) and the fall well below Sony, Cowon, Sandisk-Sansa, Samsung, iRiver.

Now while you say you have not had one problem with Creative mp3's, if you search this particular forum you will find a surprisingly high number of complaints, a great deal of those complaints will be due to connectivity issues and ironically charging issues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭sxt

bricks wrote: »
    I have the 16GB NWZ-S639F.
    Pros:
    40hr+ battery life
    Comes up as a drive letter
    Really handy interface
    Works on linux/mac/PC

Cons:
    USB cable is propriatory
    Extra purchase needed to use video on it

I'm not sure you can beat Sony for sound quality and battery .Great walkmans

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

I'd pick up something cheap and small like a sansa and wait for the Zune HD.

:rolleyes:

I had a zen vision m then swapped it with my GF for her zune, she didn't want it have to convert everything to wmv
    I still have the zune but bought another zen

Zen Vision M > *

• Closed Accounts Posts: 598 ✭✭✭IronMan

I'd recommend the Cowon S9. I bought one afer my Zen died, based on a number of good reviews I read, and I haven't regretted it:

Pros:

Stunning battery life, up to 50 hours on a charge.
    Unbelievable video quality, really stunning.
    Sound quality is as good as expected from Cowon, it's the reason people buy them.
    Beautiful to look at.
    Works on any OS.
    Integrated flash player.

Cons:

USB cable is propriatory.
    Interface is not great. You can apply a custom skin interface though, loads of really beautiful ones out there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Creatives hardware and build quality is great but their software and driver support leaves a lot to be desired.
    Like a good few other users i got windows media player 11 on vista, windows no longer recognise the creative zen vision m 30gb, with vista you cant roll back or uninstall media player directly, creative arent updating their drivers anymore for it . So i have it nearly 2 years and now its a useless lump

Creatives hardware and build quality is great but their software and driver support leaves a lot to be desired.

No, Creative's build quality and hardware used to be great, but it is not anymore. The Zen/Zen Xfi is an absolute piece of các, this is what I am trying to hammer home to all the old hat Creative users. They are not they same company they were 2/3 years ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Mactard wrote: »
    No, Creative's build quality and hardware used to be great, but it is not anymore. The Zen/Zen Xfi is an absolute piece of các, this is what I am trying to hammer home to all the old hat Creative users. They are not they same company they were 2/3 years ago.

Im thinking of getting a zune HD once it comes out wonder how much one will set me back off ebay when they come out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

i've recently got the creative zen mosaic (ebay)...i can only recharge it through the PC, can't use the mains

Is there any way of fixing this bug ...drivers??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

Like a good few other users i got windows media player 11 on vista, windows no longer recognise the creative zen vision m 30gb, with vista you cant roll back or uninstall media player directly, creative arent updating their drivers anymore for it . So i have it nearly 2 years and now its a useless lump

drag and drop

Im thinking of getting a zune HD once it comes out wonder how much one will set me back off ebay when they come out

Sorry, i'm just seeing this reply. There's been no official information regarding the ZuneHD's pricing, but i'd hazard a guess that the 32gb model will cost ~€300-330 from ebay, it could easily cost more but that wouldn't be a very wise move on Microsoft's part.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

I've got a Sansa Fuze and love it to bits (not literally, you understand... :D). It's got a radio, it's drag and drop and it's got a scrollwheel on it like on an iPod. It's a bit bigger than the Clip mind you but maybe that makes it more difficult to lose

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭Jpmarn

Mactard wrote: »
    I have a Zen Xfi player in daily use since last autumn and I work as a farmer. It has it own leather case also from Creative and it kept it in good condition.

Jpmarn wrote: »
    I have a Zen Xfi player in daily use since last autumn and I work as a farmer. It has it own leather case also from Creative and it kept it in good condition.

Excellent

Advertisement