Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nice places to eat in Dungarvan

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

I don't get home that often but always try and get Genoas when i'm around.

Their curry chips and battered sausages are heaven in a heart-attack :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 peterwhilluk

what would it take, for fast food places to put better quality produce into their products, maybe some decent meat into their burgers.

Selling food, that has been bought as cheap as possible, and selling it for the maximum amount.
    Its making people obese, and sick.

It should be made illegal to sell such poor burgers etc as the take aways in Dungarvan town.

lookat nude food, as they are the future of food. yeah its a bit more costly, but thats the difference between eating a decent burger, or a take away Lidl bought one.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

Peter, Can you name and shame, which take aways you feel are using cheap quality poducts?

If you don't wish to do so publicly, can you please PM me?

I wont name and shame, go around the town and try the different outlets, the quality is so poor really.
    This food is bad quality and expensive.
    consumers need to wake up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭comeraghs

don´t mind yer man .... ..... plenty of good restauraunts in Fungarvan .... Bridgestone & other guides recommended several places ... WhiteHorse in Ardmore & Richmond House in Cappoquin also great!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

I wont name and shame, go around the town and try the different outlets, the quality is so poor really.
    This food is bad quality and expensive.
    consumers need to wake up.

I honestly think your eating in the wrong places mate!

I'm willing to give you and a friend a free take away, if you'd be willing to do a review on it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭deisebabe

After reading on this thread that Tiffanys had nice food I went there at the w.e. I was very dissappointed. The food was below average although i do have to agree that the place itself and the staff were lovely. Dessert(cheesecake) was also very good. However starter and mains were awful. Would go there for a dessert but never again for a meal. I'm mentioning this here as I went there based on recommendations on this thread so I'm hoping this will help anyone else like me.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

deisebabe wrote: »
    After reading on this thread that Tiffanys had nice food I went there at the w.e. I was very dissappointed. The food was below average although i do have to agree that the place itself and the staff were lovely. Dessert(cheesecake) was also very good. However starter and mains were awful. Would go there for a dessert but never again for a meal. I'm mentioning this here as I went there based on recommendations on this thread so I'm hoping this will help anyone else like me.

You must have very high standards.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭PWR

Mousies chips are superb. Nude Food lamb burger ditto. Bar food in Moorings very good, as is Quealys. Interlude coffee fab., and Tannery all round excellent. Lawlors is getting better and better, the stone baked steaks and fish are very good.

Dungarvan has 24 restaurants listed on menupages.ie, for a town of its size that's remarkable, compare and contrast with say Clonmel and you'd have to say Dungarvan is boxing way above its weight. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭Selected

McDonalds - then on to Lidl.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭PWR

comeraghs wrote: »
    don´t mind yer man .... ..... plenty of good restauraunts in Fungarvan .... Bridgestone & other guides recommended several places ... WhiteHorse in Ardmore & Richmond House in Cappoquin also great!

and OBrien Chop House in Lismore very good, are there last w/end, excellent and good value - dinner for 1 less than 40 with 2 coffees and a glass of wine, for the quality that was very good value.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Roanmore

deisebabe wrote: »

Ì found that to be my experience as well, my wife and myself go there regularly but only for coffee and dessert.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭deisebabe

Deise Tom wrote: »

Not particularly! The problem with the food was that it wasn't fresh and was bland. Its a shame because as roanmore said as well the desserts are beautiful.

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭niallo32

I was in Tiffanys on Sunday with my wife.

Decor & service were lovely.

Both our starters were cooked from frozen and were burnt (Garlic mushrooms & Gougons)

Both main courses were bland to the extreme - Lasagne & combo fajita - Fajita was €20 - Lasagne was cooked from frozen.

If I wanted to eat frozen food, I'd buy a goodfellas pizza or a chip pan.

If I want to pay market prices (€20 for a Fijita is expensive in a town of 24 restaurants) for good food, I'll go elsewhere and spend my money

If Tiffanys wants to sell frozen food then by all means do so - but they should drop their prices to their market level - it should be priced as a cafe not a restaurant..

@Deisetom - are you connected to the business in some way?

niallo32 wrote: »
    I was in Tiffanys on Sunday with my wife.

Decor & service were lovely.

Both our starters were cooked from frozen and were burnt (Garlic mushrooms & Gougons)

Both main courses were bland to the extreme - Lasagne & combo fajita - Fajita was €20 - Lasagne was cooked from frozen.

If I wanted to eat frozen food, I'd buy a goodfellas pizza or a chip pan.

If I want to pay market prices (€20 for a Fijita is expensive in a town of 24 restaurants) for good food, I'll go elsewhere and spend my money

If Tiffanys wants to sell frozen food then by all means do so - but they should drop their prices to their market level - it should be priced as a cafe not a restaurant..

@Deisetom - are you connected to the business in some way?

no

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭niallo32

no

You seem very touchy about people's honest comments about the standard of food in Tiffany's - thats all.

Three different posters in quick succession have been unhappy with it..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 kirky

Hartyk87 wrote: »
    I have eaten in both davitts and lawlors hotel, and i think the food is beautiful in lawlors hotel, the portions are a decent size,

I would recomend it to anyone!!

The early bird menu is veru reasonably priced at €20 with a drink or a glass of wine!! u cant beat that!!

thats easy to say when you WORK there mr.harty :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14 MorrisseyMc

Genoas for the chips only, and chicken fillet burger .

The Moorings for food outdoors with drinks

Davitts is good, for pizza, salad things like that. Has been revamped

The Indian on the Quay is very good, have always eaten well there .

Queallys is good too.

I didnt like Tiffanys when i was there .

The interludes staff are not very friendly
    My 2 cents worth !!

Mx

Queallys is good too.

Your the first person i heard say this.

• Advertisement
Advertisement