Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gourmet Burgers

Options
  • 19-06-2009 10:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭

I'm heading up to Liffey Valley this aft and was thinking about that Gourmet Burger place for a bit of grub.

Anyone try it? Does it differ much to other burger joints?

Worth the money they charge?

cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 lukasbasic

expensive, service charge, medium quality
    keefg wrote: »
    I'm heading up to Liffey Valley this aft and was thinking about that Gourmet Burger place for a bit of grub.

Anyone try it? Does it differ much to other burger joints?

Worth the money they charge?

cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭keefg

lukasbasic wrote: »
    expensive, service charge, medium quality

Oh well nevermind. I fancied something new. I suppose Spurs will have to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

I've only eaten in the Dun Laoighaire one, and I would recommend it.

Certainly, if you think of the jump from a Burger King burger price to a Gourmet Burger then it is worth the extra IMO.

Very nice bugers, and well worth going to at least once.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

not sure if it's the same company but there are plenty of 2 for 1 vouchers for the gourmet burger Co. floating around at the moment. check the bargain alerts thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Go back! The burgers are lovely. Much nicer and cheaper than Eddie Rockets.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Is 'Jo Burger' still in Rathmines?? God they do a good burger :P I would highly recommend trying it if you're looking for a good quality burger... Second to none..

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,230 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I found the burgers in Jo'burger to be a bit too much. Nobody at our table managed to finish. I could have gone with more taste and less volume.

What really put me off the place though was seeing them turn away a young couple with a child in the middle of the afternoon when they were not exactly run off their feet (we were the only other customers)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,999 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

I went to Gourmet Burger in Dun Laoghaire last year with some family.

A party of 8 people, had to wait over an hour for 2 tables to put together.

The burgers were pretty nice, the chips were awefully soggy and a bit cold however.

The place itself was very crowded. Really not suitable for an evening meal. I suppose that was our mistake.

On the plus side the service was very friendly, doing their best with the tricky circumstances.

But I don't think I would go back again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭nice1franko

Burger joints (fancy or no) should have their chips sussed. SUSSED. It's not rocket science - just some work and care required. This one hasn't, which is a pity.

The burgers are nice -too much bread IMO but certainly nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭aidan24326

tried gourmet burger kitchem in temple bar recently and the burgers were excellent, better than joburger imo. the fries were ok but could have been better. good onion rings too. would recommend it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement