Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Walnut window boards

Options
  • 19-06-2009 10:56am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Just wondering whether anone has any advice on getting a window board to match walnut skirting and doors. We were considering using red deal and painting on a walnut stain.Has anyone any experience of this??

Thanks,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭jack of all

I don't think you're going to get a good match to be honest. How about using a walnut veneered MDF board with solid lipping to the leading edge. You could prefinish this and fix with screw and matching walnut pellet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 slfarrell

Thanks for that

I'll try it and see how get on

• Registered Users Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

I think JOA's method is the best to go with if you arent going to get a solid walnut window board. It'd want to be a pretty tame piece of red deal (ie not so much grain and certainly no knots) before you'd have a chance of making it look like walnut, and thats even before you try and find the correct color stain! :o You certainly wouldnt be doing the room any justice with this method after going to the trouble of using actual walnut for the other fittings.

I like the sounds of that house though, walnut skirting and walnut doors! Uuuuuhhhh :cool:, how fancy! :pac: I likes walnut!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭k123456

Try Abbey Woods Baldoyle for the Walnut

Advertisement