Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digiweb Metro Home - Dublin

Options
  • 19-06-2009 11:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭

Hi All,

I may have to change provider soon to a wireless option, and I am considering Digiweb Metro Home 8MB. We would be transferring from BT and would like to keep our phone number. I have some questions I hope someone here can answer for me:

1) I have read some reports of poor speed from the 3 Rock transmitter. Is this still the case or is performance generally OK?

2) I know that I have to buy a separate router for wireless access in my house. Can I run a second or third phone off this also? If so, what makes/models should I look at?

3) How long does it take to get this setup?

4) Should I consider other, similar providers?

Thanks....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23 gsm_42

radiofoot wrote: »
    1) I have read some reports of poor speed from the 3 Rock transmitter. Is this still the case or is performance generally OK?
    3Rock is no the only one Basestation, and even if that the only option there are few sector on it, so what I'm saying is all up to of installer ;)
    2) I know that I have to buy a separate router for wireless access in my house. Can I run a second or third phone off this also? If so, what makes/models should I look at?
    all U can get from Digiweb is cable modem with one computer connection and 2 telephone lines, which only one is active, 2nd one cost 6 euro/ month extra, whatever U going to connected to the modem; router, VoIP gateway etc is up to your self
    3) How long does it take to get this setup?
    if its domestic, even month,
    4) Should I consider other, similar providers?
    ntl, IBB but Breeze only, or wait for new IBB platform which will be soon 6 megs for 20 quid

Advertisement