Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adding uk mobile network information to the faq

• 19-06-2009 11:13am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭

Is there a demand for it?

Pretty much replicating what we have now for irish networks and adding in details for the various uk networks too.

Any thoughts? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

It would get a bit messy imo, and not that many questions are asked regard uk stuff. The main one is probably "if i buy a uk phone will it work here" and that's already covered i think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Davy wrote: »
    The main one is probably "if i buy a uk phone will it work here" and that's already covered i think

Tis. UK stuff very rarely gets asked here tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,249 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

here you go Random if you really want to http://www.boards.org.uk/

it would get messy if all the pommies start dropping in here..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,922 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Micilin Muc

I think there would be a demand! There's over a million mobile phone customers in Ireland who have a subscription with UK mobile networks! Doesn't make sense not to have at least an FAQ!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

I was thinking maybe even starting small - Data options for UK networks etc. If anyone has any more thoughts please post them here, previous comments noted :)

Randy if you do, would you make it separate from the faq already there, and just link to its own thread from inside the normal faq. Just i think the faq is fairly lengthy already, i think adding too much to it might not do it justice if ya get me :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Randy? Honestly? Randy? I outta have you sitebanned :D

Yah, that's a fair point though .. the FAQ index is getting a clean up one of these days :)

soz, wont do it again :D

• Advertisement

It's an estimate. Population of Northern Ireland is 1.75 million. Over 60% must have a mobile.

I did say Ireland, not the Republic of Ireland. There's quite a lot of people who travel over the border that have two mobiles: one on a network in the Republic and the other on a UK network.

There are quite a few members of this site who live in the North. I imagine a lot of them wouldn't associate with boards.co.uk, or even know about it!

Advertisement