Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

N95 problem (contacts)

• 19-06-2009 11:32am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭

the silver N95. i seem to have lost access to all my contacts. they're on the phone but i can't access them for some reason. if i go to my phone book it opens but they dont show up. if i type a message and it says add contact, i click on it but they don't show. i connected it to the computer and checked via pc suite and i can see them. i tried copying them over to the contacts folder on the phone but wouldn't let me as it was the same thing.

HELP

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭hobochris

That's a strange one alright.. do you keep the contacts on the Sim or the phone?

Id try clean the sim.

If that doesn't do it maybe upgrade the firmware.

failing that contact nokia.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭poindexter

hobochris wrote: »
    That's a strange one alright.. do you keep the contacts on the Sim or the phone?

Id try clean the sim.

If that doesn't do it maybe upgrade the firmware.

failing that contact nokia.
    clean the sim?? as far as i know they are saved on the phone, not the sim. if you can let me know how to clean the sim i will do that now. also, what do you mean by upgrade the firmware????

thank you by the way :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

When you are connecting the phone, are you sure your not seeing the contacts that have been saved to your computer?

Dont re-do the firmware.

Connect the phone, go to sync and send the contacts back to the phone, not just copying and pasting

Davy wrote: »
    When you are connecting the phone, are you sure your not seeing the contacts that have been saved to your computer?

Dont re-do the firmware.

Connect the phone, go to sync and send the contacts back to the phone, not just copying and pasting
    def not saved on computer, if i unplug phone there are no contacts at all on comp screen. when sync'in aswell, it will do everything apart from the contacts. it's quite odd as the phone was working ok one minute and then this the next. am just using Print Screen option on comp, going to save all numbers as pictures and then hard reset the thing, hopefully that helps it out

If you do a hard reset all the contacts will be wiped and a firmware flash do the same also.

If you can see them when you connect the phone, save them to the pc. Then disconnect and reboot the phone. Connect the phone again, and send the contacts back to the phone

• Advertisement

If you do a hard reset all the contacts will be wiped and a firmware flash do the same also.

If you can see them when you connect the phone, save them to the pc. Then disconnect and reboot the phone. Connect the phone again, and send the contacts back to the phone
    thanks for your help and time with this mate, cyber pint is on it's way :D

pardon my ignorance, but apart from the print screen thingy, how else do i save them to my comp. i can see them on the screen in front of me

poindexter wrote: »
    thanks for your help and time with this mate, cyber pint is on it's way :D

pardon my ignorance, but apart from the print screen thingy, how else do i save them to my comp. i can see them on the screen in front of me

Are you looking at them in the 'phone browser' folder that appears in 'My computer'?

You can use 'Synchronise' or 'Backup' both of which on in pc suite main page.

Are you looking at them in the 'phone browser' folder that appears in 'My computer'?

You can use 'Synchronise' or 'Backup' both of which on in pc suite main page.
    i was checking in the pc suite. no matter what i tried i couldn't find them or save/copy/transfer/back them up. so a print screen and save them all in a pic was the only thing for it. reset the phone and now putting them all back in. fekn nuisance of a thing, dunno what happened or how this came about.

Advertisement