Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSP Generation 1 - Softmod advice

Options
  • 19-06-2009 12:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25

Bought PSP generation one, no games. I have spare battery pack for it.

Looking around at various methods of softmodding it. Wondering which is simplest and most stable method?

If you could post a link to the instructions, thats be groovy. Tanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Depends on which firmware you are on and depends on whether or not you want to do it with or without a pandora battery. What firmware are you currently on?

• Registered Users Posts: 25 MrExcitement

M33 3.82 i think but it crashed couple of days ago. Cant load the isos from the magicstick anymore so I reckon I need to go back to scratch. PSP isnt bricked and runs as normal still reporting the firmware as above but obviously sommit has gone wrong.

Twas a pal of mine who modded it (not pandora method) but lost his contact num.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Well if you're on M33 3.82 then you can just update directly to the latest 5.0M33 (this is the best one). Download the 5.0M33 update and also download the official 5.0 firmware on your pc. Then follow the description in the 5.0M33 readme

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

I am on 352 M33, can i update straight to 50 M33?

If not what do i need?

EDIT: Shocked at how easy that was, i had to update to 3.53 M33-3 then to 5.0MM3. 10mins max.

Advertisement