Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

List of property price falls

Options
  • 19-06-2009 12:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Please list evidence of property price falls. We particularly want to hear about property on the market for XXX,XXX euro but sale agreed or sold for XXX,XXX euro.

Here's one for starters: A two bed apt in Christchurch, Bertram Court went on the market for 310,000. It just soold for 260,000.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

Thats the problem with this country unlike the UK there is no list that can be referenced to indicate this.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

Fabregas4 wrote: »
    Please list evidence of property price falls. We particularly want to hear about property on the market for XXX,XXX euro but sale agreed or sold for XXX,XXX euro.

Here's one for starters: A two bed apt in Christchurch, Bertram Court went on the market for 310,000. It just soold for 260,000.

how do you know what it sold for?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Fabregas4

I know the buyer. And that's who/what I'd like to hear.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭whizzbang

Here's a list of 5676 asking price drops in the last month and a half if that helps.

http://www.irishpropertywatch.com/salesPriceDropReport.php?ReportDate=2009-06-07&Beds=any&Region=any

Fabregas4 wrote: »
    I know the buyer. And that's who/what I'd like to hear.

i don't think you're going to get many

"hai we were asking for 400 and sold for 350"

the amount of people that openly admit to random folk they lost their balls are few and far between.

the rest is hear say.

my friend knows a guy who has a friend who..blah blah..

pointless.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,430 ✭✭✭cml387

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭silverside

this is already being done in great detail at thepropertypin.com and irishpropertywatch

why reinvent the wheel?

cml387 wrote: »

the only value seem's to be in typo's

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Who is 'we'?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

silverside wrote: »
    this is already being done in great detail at thepropertypin.com and irishpropertywatch

why reinvent the wheel?

Indeed, Property Bee is fantastic. Was viewing an apartment recently and the agent was giving it all the usual scatter about huge interest and it'll be gone by the weekend (this is rental I speak of) yet according to Property Bee the property was first posted 4months ago and had 4price drops to date, fantastic leverage if/when I choose to rent it...

Same applies scenario applies to sales, let the Property Bee/Pin/watch do the work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭Greentopia

Indeed, Property Bee is fantastic. Was viewing an apartment recently and the agent was giving it all the usual scatter about huge interest and it'll be gone by the weekend (this is rental I speak of.

Yep, I have it installed on my laptop too. Brilliant little ad-on.
    I intend to move up to Dublin within the next year and will be renting (waiting for rents to fall further before I sign any lease :D) so this will be invaluable to me when looking for a place.
    What I can't understand though is why EA don't at least consider there's a possibility that a renter/buyer might have Property Bee and be able to see full well how long a property has been on the market for and that there's no longer any properties out there that'll be "snapped up by the week-end" if we don't hurry and get it now! :rolleyes:
    And also that it enables buyers/renters transparency as to the history of the asking price or rent for properties.
    They make them selves out to right eejits if they think they can still get away with dishonest bull**** when we have all the info. there in front of us!
    TBH I look forward to seeing the faces of any EA who try to lie through their teeth about the properties I'll be viewing when I let them blather on with their BS until I pull my printed page from Daft with all the P.Bee info on it out of my pocket and show it to them.
    That's not someone I'll want to rent from anyway.
    Hmm... I wonder how many EA will that leave for me to choose from? :D
    Sari...I know there are honest EA out there, even if it does sound like an oxymoron :P

Advertisement