Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would you vote NO to Lisbon because its so complex?

Options
  • 19-06-2009 12:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭

Do you want to punish our politicians for putting such a complex document as this before us with a seemingly complacent attitude, no education and no real debate between the major parties?

It seemed to me that the 1st time around the political establishment including the main opposition parties all joined forces on this issue with an attitude of 'trust us and vote yes'.

Yet to me, something that requires constitutional changes needs the main political parties to oppose each other, if for no other reason that for good quality debate.

I'd be inclined to ask, whats the point of an opposition party if not to always present alternatives... if for no other reason than to ensure people get to hear opposing views from professional politicians rather than 'foreign combatants' so to speak.

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement