Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recipes for Fruit and Veg Smoothies Anyone?

• 19-06-2009 12:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭

Waiting on delivery of a smoothie maker and looking for some recipes. I'm ok for fruit recipes but looking for recipes with both fruit and veg as i'm very fussy when it comes to eating veg alone.

Not sure what veg would go well with what fruit or whether the veg has to be cooked first etc?

Any ideas welcome!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭neuro-praxis

If it's a juicer nothing has to be cooked first. If it's just a blender, then I don't know!

I am guessing very fibrous veg is best avoided raw in drinks made in blenders...like carrots, parsnips and squash. But very watery veg might work well in a blender along with fruit etc. - perhaps cucumber and celery?

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭all_smilz

beetroot is great in a juice- its sweet tasting and gives a lovely reddy pink colour!
    Ginger is great in smoothies.
    I tend to mix cucumber with melon and strawberries and grapes, and then carrot/celery with citrus fruits like grapefruit and lemon and oranges.

more often than not i tend to lob everything i have in together....

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Stella89

This recipe sounds like it could be yum yum :)

Ingredients & Amounts

4.4 oz (125 g) Fruit Mix: Strawberries, Blueberries, Raspberries, Blackberries, Cherries, Cantaloupe, Oranges, Grapefruit, Apple, Kiwi
    3.5 oz (100 g) Mixed Veggies: Broccoli, Cauliflower, Spinach, Turnip Greens, Onions, Carrots, Radishes, Snow Peas, Red Peppers, Hot Peppers, Sprouts
    8.5 g Soy Protein *Actual Recipe uses Whey Protein
    1.5 g Cinnamon
    2.5 g Flaxseeds
    7.5 g Canola Oil *Actual Recipe uses Flax Oil
    2.65 fl oz (75 g) Skim Milk
    8 fl oz (227 g) Water
    URL="http://www.boards.ie/index.php?title=Dean%27s_Fruit_%26_Veggie_Smoothie&action=edit&section=2"]edit[/URL
    Instructions & Comments

1. Prepare fruit and vegetables by washing them.
    2. Mix ingredients in blender until smooth.
    3. Serves one. Enjoy.

Taken from here

http://en.wiki.calorierestriction.org/index.php/Dean's_Fruit_&_Veggie_Smoothie

Advertisement