Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Migraines...

• 19-06-2009 1:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭

I don't suffer with migraines frequently like some poor unfortunates do but when I do, man do they floor me. I got one last night and it was awful
    It started as usual with the aura (could only see half my mother's face) which lasted for 20 minutes
    Then I got the thumper of a headache
    Then my right foot went tingly, it spread to my arm and then into my throat until I couldn't breath and started panicking
    Then I got sick- twice which made me burst loads of blood vessels on my face which makes me look like I've gone 10 rounds with Mohammad Ali and lost... badly.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭taram

:( Poor you! Hope you feel better today. I'm the same, get them once in a blue moon but when I do I'm gone for the count, I lie on the couch and WWIII could be happening around me and I wouldn't notice.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

I've recently started suffering from severe migraines too- very severe which would normally induce vomitting- I couldn't even hold down water, and after I vomitted even the bile from my stomach, I started to vomit up sickly sweet blood. I knew it was very different from my Crohns, I had none of the usual abdominal pain- but I mentioned it when I was last at my consultant and he organised an MRI which showed up nothing unusual. I've been put on beta-blockers (I started on a low dose and have gone up to 50Mg a day) and for if I feel a migraine attack coming on- Zomig. I have had a few attacks since- but not as bad- and I can manage- instead of waiting in the dark in bed for 7-8 hours until the dizziness subsides (it was safer to stay in bed than fall over- I managed to tear ligaments in my ankle when I fell down a stairs).

Seriously- mention it to your consultant on your next visit- it may be nothing at all- but at very least they will be able to assess it, and if appropriate they may be able to prescribe something that may be helpful to you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 243 ✭✭squeky

i also suffer from very bad migranes with swelling of my face and nose bleeds, getting sick and cant see anything around me and i get them very frequent, im also taking zomig when i feel a migrane coming on, my nurologist gave me botox and it was very very painful, i got 4 injections into the forehead to try calm down the nerves and muscels he said but it hasnt done me much good, i try stay in bed to let it pass as i have fell down stairs to and have rolled around on the ground while my dad held me as i was roaring at him to let me jump out the window!! they were dat severe,

So go to a nurologist and he might give you some advice of what to do!!

Advertisement